Cab for Orange AD30htc

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mims2, Jan 25, 2008.

1. mims2

mims2 Member

I am thinking about buying an Orange AD30htc head. Can anyone tell me what a good cab is to go with this amp? I usually use Avatar cabs and would like to do so on this as well. I would like a 2x12 but don't know whether to get an open back or closed back, nor do I know what speakers work the best. Can anyone give some suggestions??

2. Aslan

Aslan Supporting Member

I own a Orange Rockerverb 50 and really like the Orange PPC212 cab for it. The Orange cabs come loaded with Vintage 30's and sound very nice with a big bottom end and sweet higer freq.

3. soulohio

soulohio Member

buy the Orange cab!

4. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W. Gold Supporting Member

I have two v 30s in my combo know. I think the avatar is better value for the money. i am about to install a G12h30 in the combo today. I will report back later tonight on what I thought of the V 3, G12h30 combo and whether it is better than the 2 V30s.

5. somedude

somedude Member

Open back if you're going to use it on the cleaner side or for lead guitar.

Closed back if you're going to use it for rhythm guitar.

Myself, I used to stack an AD30 2x12 open back combo on my 4x12.

6. OrangeAD30TC

OrangeAD30TC The venerable H.W. Gold Supporting Member

Said I would respond but it took me awhile. I know change my opinion of the Orange ad 30. Although it made to be overdriven with a combination of some preamp and some poweramp dirt, I know realize hw beautiful it sounds with the master cranked and the preamp set clean. I was afraid to move away from V30s as I liked the sound I was getting. Since moving to a V30 G12h30 mix I realize how versatile the orange is. This is one hell of an amp. It appears to me that the V30's turn it into a one trick Pony (damn good trick however). The cleans have improved amazingly since adding the G12h30. I would highly recommend it.

I am about to order a Celestion Blue to put in the orande as well. I will report back with my findings.

7. trpullen

trpullen Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Orange PPC212 is amazing.