• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

cab help? avatar vs. bogner? vs?

i just got my new Bogner xtc 101b head. i'm looking to sell my zinky cab and get something new to go with it. i'm now torn between an Avatar contemporary (white with wheat grill to match the head) or a Bogner 4x12 cab. the bogner is obviously more expensive (but not too much with my pricing) but there's also a month or so wait on it.

any experience with both of these cabs or any of them? does the Bogner slay the Avatar?

thanks!:BEER

steadygarcia

Is the Bogner a pine cabinet? I think Avatar's are birch and I'm reading more and more about how superior pine is as a cabinet material.

Eagle1

No contest ,Bogner 4x12 it's part of the sound.
Vintage Marshall cabs sound cool and the HW reissues are good too.
"On the cheap" a Mojo cab and dracon line it.

it's a Zinky 4x12. black with off white grill.
it's loaded with 2 celetion vintage 30s and 2 gt72s
it's been my road warrior for 3 years. has a few dings and dents but still looks good overall and sounds good.
not perfect but i'm selling it for $450 :)

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
What about the Avatar Vintage 2x12s that look very similar to the oversized Bogner 2x12? Are they pretty much the same cab or do they just look similar? I have the Avatar closed-back and it's just not as huge sounding as I was expecting it to be.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
What about the Avatar Vintage 2x12s that look very similar to the oversized Bogner 2x12? Are they pretty much the same cab or do they just look similar? I have the Avatar closed-back and it's just not as huge sounding as I was expecting it to be.
I have the Mojo that is like the OS bogner and the OS vintage Avatar (bluesbreaker types) ... yes, you will get more bass and highs with more of a scoop IMHO. The extra volume will help this. Mine had more bass and highs than my Marshall 4x12, which is more mid focussed. The question is if you want this effect and if the speakers you have in it need more bass and highs.

Trending Topics