cab help. Mojo,sourmash avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by t.hendrix, Feb 11, 2012.

1. t.hendrix

t.hendrix Member

I am looking to get 2 purple 4x12 cabs.price is somewhat of a point.looking at getting them unloaded. I have been looking at , Mojo,sourmash,avatar.are there others. Plus ,they do need to be a good quality cab. Any thoughts.

2. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I've had cabinets from Avatar and Sour Mash, and would buy from either company again. Sour Mash is more flexible with regard to customization than Avatar, but both companies have a quality product. You may want to look at Lopoline too.

3. falconer

falconer Member

One 1x12 Mojo ruined them for me. That cab had rattles that took me a couple of months to find and fix. Adhesive foam, more adhesive foam, and added screws. After contacting them about it and getting no response, no more Mojos for me.

Now...Mather cabs? :aok

4. t.hendrix

t.hendrix Member

hey .thanks nice cabs.

5. t.hendrix

t.hendrix Member

anybody got anymore to check on?

6. dumbell78

dumbell78 Member

Sydney by way of Muddy Water Land (Chicago)
    Same here I have used sour mash and Avatar, both were great in various sizes. Wouldn't hesitate using either again. I think Sour Mash might be more affordable.

7. t.hendrix

t.hendrix Member

8. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

I've got a Mojo "Hendrix cab".You know,the oversized 4x12 with 4 Scumback H55's.It sounds and records unfrickin' amazing with my Marshalls or anything else I plug into it. Been using it fir years and no issues whatsoever.
    I have cabs from Lopoline and Victor,the guy that used to make cabs for Southbay ampworks.They're both great cabs.
    Lopoline is fast and reliable and easy to do business with.They made me a 1x15 Thiele cab for an old EV15L i bought used.That is an amazing sound blasting a 100 watt plexi through that one spkr.
    I highly recommend Lopoline.
    Had a couple communication breakdowns with Mojo.They do good work but I wonder what they were smoking over there.

9. johnfv

johnfv Member

Sourmash is the only one I have bought of the 3 mentioned but I definitely give them my endorsement. I have bought multiple head cabs and speaker cabs (including a completely custom build to my specs); all are excellent and prices are reasonable.

10. Lespaulsignature 74

Lespaulsignature 74 Silver Supporting Member

Stone Age = Top Quality + Top Shelf Customer Service

11. t.hendrix

t.hendrix Member

can you post a pick of the cab, I don't see it on Mojo.your taking about the extra tall bottom,as in the Hendrix stack? Thanks

12. Rocknhorse1

Rocknhorse1 Member

I have 4 different sourmash cabs, all excellent. Bob is a top notch guy. One of my cabs has a pretty tricky tolex job, and came out gorgeous.

13. Swampsnake

Swampsnake Member

Stagecraft gear has excellent cabs and reasonably priced too.