Cab sim on Quilter Overdrive 200

les_paul

Pardon my ignorance but this whole concept is new to me.

The DI on the Overdrive 200 isn't getting it done for me. It's super shrill, harsh, and pretty much unusable for me.

I want to use a cab sim but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I thought about picking up something like one of the new Mesa Cab Clones but with a solid state amp I'm not sure it's the best route. I've seen numerous pedals that do a cab sim but I'm not sure how they interact with amps.

I just want a decent 4x12 sound out of the Overdrive 200. What are my options?

JoeInOttawa

Depending on your budget and musical taste, there are several reasonable options, including the Mooer Radar, the Nux Solid Studio, and the old-school Hughes & Kettner Redbox. Then you can get into really expensive options like the Ox box, the Torpedoes of the world and such. Lots of users of all of these here, I believe.

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
Have you tried using the DI with a cab hooked up to the Quilter? It will change the eq on that signal...give it a try if you haven't already. :)

les_paul

Have you tried using the DI with a cab hooked up to the Quilter? It will change the eq on that signal...give it a try if you haven't already. :)
Yep didn't cut it still. I remember reading up on that one.

Reactions: RGB

Watt McCo

Pardon my ignorance but this whole concept is new to me.

The DI on the Overdrive 200 isn't getting it done for me. It's super shrill, harsh, and pretty much unusable for me.

I want to use a cab sim but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. I thought about picking up something like one of the new Mesa Cab Clones but with a solid state amp I'm not sure it's the best route. I've seen numerous pedals that do a cab sim but I'm not sure how they interact with amps.

I just want a decent 4x12 sound out of the Overdrive 200. What are my options?
So you can't turn the cab sim off of the xlr output? That sucks if so.

Other option might be the headphone out if (1) it doesn't defeat speaker output and (2) it doesn't have speaker sim applied to it. This would be a line-ish level and likely work as a feed to a cab sim pedal like DigiTech cab driver or Mooer Radar, etc.,

Additional alternative is to use a DI box capable of dealing with speaker level signals and having a thru. Go speaker out to DI box with the thru going on to your cab and the out going on to a speaker sim pedal. Behringer ultra1600 would work for this.

Trending Topics