cab wiring

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Gibby-reid, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Gibby-reid

Gibby-reid Member

my avatar cab is wired series/parrallel. Im wiring it parallel running at 4 ohms. avatar uses a silver wire for negative, all the wire i've bought at store is all copper. when i wire the cab do i just ignore the silver wire and proceed as normal?
    silver wire has got me baffled!

2. Gibby-reid

Gibby-reid Member

do i have to rewire the jacks?

3. hammersig

hammersig Member

Reword what you are trying to do, I'm not sure what you are refering to. Happy to help.

4. yabasta

yabasta Member

it doesn't matter. just wire it the way you see it.

sure if you want to rewire with the new cable, if not then no.

I'm still a little unclear as to what your asking....

5. devbro

devbro Member

You don't need to rewire the jack but you need to make sure you wire positive to positive (+) and negative (-) to negative or the speakers will phase cancel. Remember, the tip of the jack is always positive. If the speakers are not marked positive or negative you can quickly tell using a 9 volt battery.
    1. Touch the battery terminals to each of the speaker terminals. You may need a short piece of wire to do this.
    2. Watch the speaker carefully as you make the connection. The speaker will move outward (toward the front) when its hooked up correctly. If it moves backwards, its hooked up in reverse. You may need to do it a few times to see it.
    3. Make a note of which side the positive side of the battery is hooked up to and make sure that its wired to the tip of the input jack - bingo

6. Gibby-reid

Gibby-reid Member