Cabinet for Egnater Renegade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by FenderAmpGas, Feb 22, 2012.

1. FenderAmpGas

FenderAmpGas Member

Just picked up this head. I'm a Fender clean guy but wanted an EL34 sound as well. With the 2 channels, this seemed to fit the bill.

Any recommendations on a 2X12 Cabinet or 1X12 that sounds like a 2X12 to pair with this head? How is the Tourmaster cabinet in terms of sound and quality?

I'm thinking sub $500 new or used.

Thanks!

2. theroan

theroan Member

I've played with a guy who used a Renegade and the Tourmaster 2x12 and it sounded amazing. I've heard good things about that can in general, plus it matches!

3. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

The Tourmaster is a good cabinet. They sell a matching 4 x 10 too. I got the 4 x 10 used for $450, but the're kind of hard to find.

4. FenderAmpGas

FenderAmpGas Member

Good to hear that the Tourmaster sounds good.

Matching is a plus! :)

5. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

They have a Renegade sitting on a Tourmaster at my local GC. Good looking combination. I almost bought one myself. The Tourmaster is a BIG cabinet for just being a 2 x 12.

Check prices though. Some stores sell it for $499, but there are others for $399.

6. christhered

christhered Member

gc price matched mine to ams and i walked out of the store with it for $399. i love how it sounds running with my lowly rebel 20. i like it a lot more than the 1x12 that egnater makes for the rebel, even though its the same speakers.

7. telejammer

telejammer Member

I bought a Tourmaster 2-12 cab to run in stereo with a GSP1101 and Peavy 60/60 tube power amp and it sounds very good. It is well made for the price, got mine for $389.00 at GC,they will price match and also give 10% of the differance in discount. I actually took the floor model home for a week till the new one was shipped to my house,then returned the floor model as it had some dings on it.Overall I'm very satified with it,cab can be open or closed back,depending on how you like to use it.

8. FenderAmpGas

FenderAmpGas Member

I'll have to try the GC price match!

9. Mark Ray

Mark Ray We're Jammin' Gold Supporting Member

I have a Renegade w/Tourmaster 4x12. I played one through a 2x12 in the store, and it sounded great to me-just spend a few minutes dialing in your sound. I just needed a honest to goodness 1/2 stack again for some outdoor gigs.

10. DirtClod

DirtClod Member

I just bought the Renegade head with the matching Tourmaster cab. I'm coming off a Marshall MA100H head and 4 x 12 cab and this Egnater eats that Marshall alive. You'll never have any problems being heard. More importantly though, the tone is better across the board from clean to nasty.

11. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Are there any Renegade threads you haven't bumped yet to tell us you got one?