• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Cabinet for my Super Sonic 22

Jim85IROC

Silver Supporting Member
A short time ago I bought a Fender Super Sonic 22 head here on the emporium with the plan to build a matching cabinet for it. In the meantime I've been using a 1x12 cabinet with a Vintage 30. It sounds nice, but I wanted more of that Fendery sound, along with a cabinet that matched the head.

I built the cabinet from 1x12 (.75 x 11.25) boards from Home Depot. They look like pine but didn't specifically say so, so I don't know what they really are. Tolex, grill cloth and most other supplies came from Speaker Builder's Supply, with some of the Fender parts purchased on Reverb. The speaker is a Weber 12F150.

I haven't plugged in yet, but I'm anxious to. Overall I'm very happy with how this project turned out.

Jim85IROC

Silver Supporting Member
Holy cow that looks fantastic! What are your thoughts on the head does it take pedals well
I haven't plugged a single pedal into the front end of the amp yet. Between the clean channel and the 2 gain controls on the dirt channel, it's done everything I need it to. But... The clean channel is basically a Deluxe Reverb clean, so I'm sure it'll take pedals well.

I am using a JHX volume pedal in the effects loop so I can crank the preamp and keep my output level low.

plan-x

A short time ago I bought a Fender Super Sonic 22 head here on the emporium with the plan to build a matching cabinet for it. In the meantime I've been using a 1x12 cabinet with a Vintage 30. It sounds nice, but I wanted more of that Fendery sound, along with a cabinet that matched the head.

I built the cabinet from 1x12 (.75 x 11.25) boards from Home Depot. They look like pine but didn't specifically say so, so I don't know what they really are. Tolex, grill cloth and most other supplies came from Speaker Builder's Supply, with some of the Fender parts purchased on Reverb. The speaker is a Weber 12F150.

I haven't plugged in yet, but I'm anxious to. Overall I'm very happy with how this project turned out.

Wow! Nice job! I have the combo. Build me an Ext. Haha.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom