Cable recommendations?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by pedalboy88, Feb 10, 2012.

1. pedalboy88

pedalboy88 Member

I am ordering some cable and connectors for pedal board. I need super flexible cable for some tight corners. Any recommendations? I will be using ampherol connectors as I already use these on the board.

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Monorail is more flexible than Mogami 2319, also pricier. The 2319 cost .42/ft, Monorail is over $2.50 I believe. You probably bought the Amphenols thru Redco.com, they sell Mogami and Cabaret.

3. pedalboy88

pedalboy88 Member

Yes, am buying through redco. I have mogami w2524 on a lot of cables at the moment but want it to be lot more flexible. Also having static type noise when the cables move. I was going to avoid mogami and try Canare gs-4. Any thoughts? I have checked my soldering on the cables and avoided contacts on the plastic conductor but still noisy.

4. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

Canare is the most flexible I've ever used.

5. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

I love Bill Lawrence Wilde. Other than that, I'd go for DIY soldered.

6. chervokas

chervokas Member

Lava mini ELC is small diameter and flexible. If you don't want to use them solderless you can just solder 'em to the plugs Lava sells or some low profile pancake type plugs like the switchcraft ones. Are the ampherols you'll be using similar in profile? I'm not familiar with the ampherol range.

7. tazzboy

tazzboy Supporting Member

8. giantrobotswinbig

giantrobotswinbig Member