Cables between pedalboard and amp - what are you using?

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
I have a buffer so, cable choice is not so critical as guitar to board. I also use effects loops sometimes, so again not that critical. But I’m curious what others are using

I’m currently using Lava ELC in 10ft length (Before COVID I was only playing small dive bars so 10ft was enough). I’m thinking of going longer, 10ft. I’ve had two ELC’s fail on me so wondering what others have found to be durable. Not saying I’m unhappy with Lava Cable. I’ve had them for years and might buy them again.

Brand ? Model? Length?

Last edited:

SonicTonic Seeker

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a Lava ELC for 10 yrs (12" w/tweed cover made by Lava) and it hasn't had any issues.

Tried a sommer spirit and didn't like it as much, then got a BTPA 10" 20 pF something. Both seem durable and I havn't A/Bed the BTPA and Lava cables enough to know which I prefer.

cosmic_rust

Silver Supporting Member
I've also been using Lava cables for nearly a decade without any issues. I've owned their Ultramafic, ELC, and Clear Connect cables. Currently using Clear Connects (10 ft. & 12 ft.) for almost 8 years now for pedalboard to amp purposes (and either a Clear Connect or Ultramafic for guitar to pedalboard, depending on which amp I'm playing); I use their mini ELCs for patch cables almost exclusively. And they're still made in the USA, which I also like, if that matters to you.

Mango Positive

Gold Supporting Member
The same 4 Monster cables I bought 20 years ago. They've all been replaced multiple times, but I only bought them the once. I actually just added a few for this new stereo rig for the Kemper.

natmiss

15' Lava ELC RA to straight never a problem. 10' straight ELC to board. Wrapped carefully with Velcro ties.

fenderjapan

World Heavyweight Champion
Gold Supporting Member
For guitar to pedalboard, pedalboard to amp, and speaker cables, I use Dimarzio. 0 failures in 10+ years of use.
Music Villa often has the best stock and can do custom orders. Larry lives nearby (Montana) and will often be able to bring in stock if they need it.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
I wanted to give effects loop a fighting chance, so I ordered a setup from best-tronics. Came out nice. Patches for amp, send, return, channel select and tremolo/function switch.

Alabamarama

I have no idea...

I need to upgrade the cable from board to board, I may as well do it for board to amp.

A lot of love for Mogami and Lava. Can't go wrong with either from what I'm reading.

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
I've been running Lava Blue Demon from the early days. I have an ABY pedal on my board with one 10' and one 15' run. These pedals have done well for me and they don't get beat up nearly as bad as guitar to pedalboard.