Cables between pedalboard and amp - what are you using?

underwound

Gold Supporting Member
I’m running a George L .225 with straight ends. It’s about 18 feet. Transparent and tough, but a little on the stiff side. I’ve always had good luck with George L cables.

musicman1

Running 2 amps. So a matched pair of 10 footers; either Ernie Balls, CBIs or Live Wires. Prefer the LWs.

NSW

Silver Supporting Member
D'Addario American Stage, 15', three of them for fx loop. No issues for the past 3-4 years.

Mattyc

Silver Supporting Member
For guitar to pedalboard, pedalboard to amp, and speaker cables, I use Dimarzio. 0 failures in 10+ years of use.
Music Villa often has the best stock and can do custom orders. Larry lives nearby (Montana) and will often be able to bring in stock if they need it.

OFFTOPIC OLD MAN RAMBLING ALERT:
I got my 16th birthday gift from them while kayaking through town and managed to stumble into some kind of Bozeman Days event where all the shops were participating in a 50% off everything sale thing. Amazed to this day that I managed to talk dad into it.
Glad to see they are still in business!
View media item 89111
RETURNING TO TOPIC:
Highly recommend Dimarzio cables. By far the most indestructible, crackle free, easy to handle instrument leads I’ve used. I tried the Ernie Ball line for a while but have had quite a few issues with them.

chanley

Gold Supporting Member
Klotz cables for Guitar to pedal board and pedal board to amp.
Source Audio for pedal board

Mick_Braun

Gold Supporting Member
Gotham mainly (Ultra Pro sounds right?). Also have some Canare I like as well as some Evidence Reveals. I’m pretty sure all my cables are 10ft, some may be 8 but not completely sure.

mrwolf

Pete Cornish with his switchcraft silent plugs from guitar.
Evidence Audio Fortè from board to amp in pub gigs but another Cornish cable in nicer venues.
I use the Fortè because it lays flat and is easier to clean than Pete's but I think Pete's sound and feel better

SonicTonic Seeker

Silver Supporting Member
Pete Cornish with his switchcraft silent plugs from guitar.
Evidence Audio Fortè from board to amp in pub gigs but another Cornish cable in nicer venues.
I use the Fortè because it lays flat and is easier to clean than Pete's but I think Pete's sound and feel better
well they arn't wasting $ on a web designer. What's the difference b/w the 1M-10M cables?

cygnusx1

I have 2 spectra flex cables that are 30 years old. Board has a buffer, but if I was starting over, I'd use Evidence hands down. The tone difference once I used them on my board is amazing.

Rococco

Use planet waves American stage. As of 19 just playing at home so 19'. Excellent quality and pretty affordable.
Same. Thick and durable with sturdy jacks. 10' Pedalboard -> amp, and this grey old Fender cable I got from when I bought my Jaguar a while back for Guitar -> Pedalboard

Zero issues for years, gigs & home uses.

reprove

Silver Supporting Member
I run a pedal python loom with 3 20’ Daddario American stage cables for input and fx loop send and return as well as 2 monster cables for channel and reverb footswitch for my Rockerverb MK3. guitar to pedalboard is a Divine Noise 50/50. The American Stage line is incredibly well built with great connectors. Never had a single problem with them.

Maguchi

I have a buffer so, cable choice is not so critical as guitar to board. I also use effects loops sometimes, so again not that critical. But I’m curious what others are using

I’m currently using Lava ELC in 10ft length (Before COVID I was only playing small dive bars so 10ft was enough). I’m thinking of going longer, 10ft. I’ve had two ELC’s fail on me so wondering what others have found to be durable. Not saying I’m unhappy with Lava Cable. I’ve had them for years and might buy them again.

Brand ? Model? Length?
I use a few different ones. A 3' Mogami Gold, a 5' Mogami Core Plus, a 6' Mogami Gold and a 10' Ernie Ball braided cable. I like the shorter lengths because sometimes I have all the pedals turned off and I don't want to put too much cable resistance between pedalboard and amp. Use wireless between guitar and board.