Cali76 CD or TX?

Black_Label

I've watched the videos and read the threads. But, from players who've played or owned both, is the 18v transformer version really than much better than the Compact Deluxe?

Assuming I won't die of starvation if I spring for the extra $90 or so for the big transformer version, is it worth it?

eSS eSS

Live I have found it gets lost in the mix
In the studio with all the plug-ins and crazy hardware these days it's a bit redundant
If you're jamming on your own in your basement you will notice the difference

charley

Gold Supporting Member
You really can't go wrong with either. I have both. They are both amazing. The TX has a slightly more refined and articulate quality. But the CD has the Dry Blend that is really really helpful for adding back a bit of low end and fullness. At least, thats what I hear. Both give your tone a sweetness that is just deliciously chewy.

I end up using the CD more, because it is just more pedalboard friendly. But really, you win with either one.

Seegs

I love the transformer option...

I have played the CD and the dry blend is great but I would prefer one with the tx every time...one with an added dry blend would be best of both worlds...

Supercubziggy

in the studio the TX-P found its way on to every track on our record. Every single solo, rhythm parts, etc. I expected it to make an impact but when
we would A/B something the sound with the TX-P on it was just better. Every time. Go figure...

teleking36

Silver Supporting Member
I lucked out and grabbed a TX-P while they were still available. I have the best of both worlds IMO - the transformer and the dry blend. Unrivaled compression pedal. I'll never need another one unless of course this one breaks.

Black_Label

That's kind of how I feel. This one will stay in the studio tho. I have a W&C Gold Comp on my board that I like a lot. But it (and every other comp I own) is in a different league than the Cali.

Trending Topics