Caline Englishman

onwingsoflead

The Pressure Tank is a great Diamond type compressor, and I was very impressed with the High Chief. It does the KOT thing. Just wish they got the DIP switches on the correct side of the board.

FiestaRed869

The Caline rockface is my best sounding pedal. I have 2 and debating putting them in a dual enclosure and adding a 3rd. Seriously… its that good. In The Englishman the gain comes on to quick for me. That’s a high gain pedal where the Rockface is medium and a much smoother taper

Vmathias

As long as it works for you guys, it´s great. I don´t care if it´s cheap or expensive. Just don´t like to see some misinformation about how great it is... Peace!
Tone is subjective. What one person considers "killer,another considers subpar. Many today consider the early Rhoads or Lynch tones to be too thin and shrill sounding. Personally I loved their early tones. Not everything today needs to be a detuned 7 string sound. For the money the Caline sounds very good.

Dubious

gonna throw some love to the Caline Snakebite... really great reverb pedal with alot of control. It doesnt do say spring or typical stuff it lives in a kind of unique plate / psuedo shimmer realm.

People have claimed its an EQD afterneath clone but I dont think that's tru - it doesn't have any modulation for example.

piazzi

Please don´t pass the info that Caline is great, because it isn´t. I´ve been foolled by all the great reviews and comments around here and there... and actually it´s a cheap pedal, that will only work with cheap amps. As soon you will plug it to a nice amp with a nice speaker, it will reveal how shrill and unmusical these overdrives sounds.
not my experience, i play it into laney lionheart 20 head and into laney liongeart cab and it sounds very good

sounds also good into peavey classic and katana 100 II

I don't have a recording of my own, but these guys did a video on it, which piqued my interest to buy and I have likes it ever since

openbar

Silver Supporting Member
Came back to say my Englishman still rules the colonies! Tried it against the Plexiranger, currently testing it against the Panama, the Union Jack may yet fly over Denmark.

PS I play American Fender guitars and a vintage Deluxe Reverb. Sorry to upset someone's confirmation bias, but the pedal does not sound cheap.

SingleMalt

Love my Englishman, though I will admit it’s a bit noisy. Thinking of getting what it based on, the Car Martin Plexitone single. Hope it sounds as great!
I've had my Englishman for three years and I am able to get great Michael Landau tones from it. Think Renegade Destruction from Liquid Quartet Live or the Fender Sessions video on You Tube. Mine is hissy and I wish I could do a simple circuit mod to quiet it down. Any ideas, anyone? I obviously know that I can go for the CM Plexitone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom