Callaham amp

Geetarpicker

I know the guy that did most of the actual building of these, as it wasn’t Bill himself. Pretty sure the majority of them had tube rectifiers, vs original TW Express and Liverpools which were SS rectified. In my experience they sounded good, but did not clean up as well as a TW.

Last edited:

Robal

Gold Supporting Member
I know the guy that did most of the actual building of these, as it wasn’t Bill himself. Pretty sure the majority of them had tube rectifiers, vs original TW Express and Liverpools which were SS rectified. In my experience they sounded good, but did not clean up as well as a TW.
Just curious: Is "the guy" who made these amps for Callaham still making amps, in his name or for other sellers?

DrJamie

Gold Supporting Member
A new Callaham for what, $7,500? Couldn't justify it. I actually had 3 of his, and 1 was the magic guitar for me.

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
A new Callaham for what, $7,500? Couldn't justify it. I actually had 3 of his, and 1 was the magic guitar for me.

I don't know, do you think they would be that much? That's Lentz Reserve/Yaron territory with seasoned woods, BRW,etc. I don't think he used that grade of wood.

I'm trying to remember what they were when he stopped taking orders? ~$2,700?

DrJamie

Gold Supporting Member
Dr Z Z-28

I don't know, do you think they would be that much? That's Lentz Reserve/Yaron territory with seasoned woods, BRW,etc. I don't think he used that grade of wood.

Just a wild guess. They used to be mid-high 2 grand. I don't think it paid enough to make guitars for them, while making parts.

Psh511

When I ordered on in 2003 (and got it 2006) it was 2700

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
Kind of off topic, but my Callaham Strat was $1200 in 1992 and was the 2nd one sold to the public.

That was big bucks at the time for a then unknown builder. My '92 SRV was $909 new. Custom Shops I believe were around $12-1400.

pickdropper

I am Soldering Iron Man
Vendor
I'll never see another Callaham amp for $1300. Woulda' Shoulda' Coulda'.

I like mine, too. Still have it. Bad pic, though.

F6fqDtu.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom