Callaham compensated brass for tele?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dazco, Jan 23, 2015.

1. dazco

dazco Member

How do these sound compared to fender compensated brass? Not worried about intonation, they should be find in that regard. Just wondering about how the 2 compared tone wise.

2. Krausewitz

Krausewitz Member

I couldn't tell any difference whatsoever (aside from the intonation, obvious).

3. RJLII

RJLII Member

I put them on my Nocaster. After installation it sounded like.........a Nocaster with better intonation.

[​IMG]

4. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Member

I put the entire bridge assembly on my US tele a few years ago. It really didn't change the tone of the guitar, and it sounds and intonates just as well as the standard 6 saddle bridge.

5. Judas68fr

Judas68fr Member

Have them on my Thinline Tele, they give you this vintage tone with perfect intonation all along the neck

6. jimmyj

jimmyj Member

I have them on mine, too. They are my favorite bridge saddle for Tele. They are brass and similar diameter as the stock Fenders so they should sound the same. I also like that they are the only compensating saddles that I've seen that aren't angled, the string goes straight over them not at an angle.

7. DRS

DRS Member

I love mine.
    Way nicer than the Joe Barden I have on another Tele.

8. dazco

dazco Member

I really don't care about intonation because they both are compensated. Thats not what i'm asking. The ONLY thing i care about is if they sound different than fender brass and in what way. I have 3 sets of brass, one fender, one stewmac, and one from a squier CV. They all sound different enough that i am much happier with the fenders to the point i'm bothered by the tone with the others. This is why i'm asking. Gotta be someone out there that can hear the difference and can tell me.

9. Judas68fr

Judas68fr Member

I think most people answered the question (at least I did): when I said "vintage tone", I meant "sounds exactly like uncompensated vintage Fender brass saddles".

10. rummy

rummy Member

Went from Fender to Callaham. No difference in tone.

[​IMG]

11. dazco

dazco Member

Thanks. Tho the ones i am getting (i decided and told them to ship already) are not like that but the ones that are compensated by slanting the barrels rather than cutting them like those. I just hope they sound the same or better to my ear. I have yet to hear a brass set that didn't sound different than another. they all seem to sound unique to themselves.