• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Calling all Small Time Builders!

aziltz

I'm curious, Who's got a budding pedal company?

If you feel like sharing,
What are you building/selling? Loopers, Clones, Original Circuits?

How's business? Are you per order or do you keep stock?

What's your turn around time, or waiting list?

How many are you selling a month?

Last edited:

BMF Effects

Great tone made simple.
Platinum Supporting Member
Does anyone else work there or do you get to run all those machines by yourself?!?!?
Just me. That way if I make a mistake there's no one there to see it. If you look closely there's a couple of Fat Bastards by my right hand.

this1smyne

holy crap.... i build stuff.... enough anyways.... i ship about 15 pedals a week (25 on a busy week, 5 on a slow) and build on a 4'x1' desk that i found on the side of the road :D
funny story on the desk.... but yeah. I try to have stock on hand, but do a lot of custom orders, so i order special enclosures for those. its more a hobby for me than a profit margin, so i don't mind not making a profit off the pedals (make a little, just not a lot). Turn around time is a day to build, 3 to get it in the mail for stuff thats standard, and 10-12 days if i have to order parts for it (from paypal to your hand).

mostly build loopers/ab's/some clones/tap tempo/eventide control switches amp switchers and Expression pedals. My clones are reverse engineered, not schematic based, of pedals that i feel are under rated or WAAAAY overpriced for the circuit (ie collectable FF or 3 knob red snappers.... $300?!?!?!).

anyways: no pics of the workspace (i'll get one eventually) but here's my MF page :D

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/491371

caress

budding :huh

i usually don't keep more than one on hand and give people a 1-2 week waiting period; that way i can give myself a little breathing room... don't keep a waiting list and i send people a payment request just before i ship.

things are great. just enough time to keep up with the rest of life...

soulsonic

I build a bunch of whatever and I make people wait too long. Sorry about that.

Expect sometime April/May-ish.... a new "line" of things will be introduced that I can build quicker so people don't have to wait.
Sorry again about the waiting. That's why I stopped taking orders for the Four Banger, because the wait was getting too much.

And I don't build clones. I have built a few clones of things in the past, but I've given it up. I am much happier building my own designs (which I think are superior anyway).
I'll announce the new stuff in the Manufacturer section when it's ready; expect a couple overdrives, distortions, and fuzzes... and maybe something else too like a delay or reverb or whatever; probably an improved gimmicky Octavia sort of thing too.

And I LOVE to do custom one-offs and problem-solvers. I also do mods and repairs.

spentron

Still exist, although I've been in an unproductive, erm, R&D phase for about 9 months. Anyway trying to get out a couple old run/Finishing Experiments units now and then get onto producing some new stuff. Biggest problem lately is I can't stop playing through the new box, either I'm losing it to this overdrive OCD or it's just really good.

aziltz

this is something I hope to get into if i create any worthwhile circuits during my own DIY quest.

missing_dave

Holy crap!!. It's an audit!!! :hide
haha, i just thought i'd be fun to see how people are doing making pedals in the kitchen or garage!
man the black ltd is my go-to light drive..would love to see some pics of Ronni's space..or anything

once again,i really like this thread idea,hope it catches a little steam..and for the second time ill add:
:worthless

i should add,no offense to any builder by my comments and the thread title "little builder"..im just taking it as anybody not boss etc...

Last edited:

Montez

Platinum Supporting Member
I build two different Compressors, An Overdrive and a Clean boost. I only do original circuits. I don't do clones except on special request. I get my kicks with R&D. Copying isn't much fun for me. About 25% of my work is custom, either one of my pedals tweaked or one-off stuff.

Business was slowed due to the economy but seems to be bouncing back. The slowdown has given me some time to complete R&D on a new compressor and a tremolo.

I pre-assemble my boards, and assemble, test and burn-in as the orders come in. Others I build to order.

My lead time for standard fare is about 1 week or less. Customs run 3-4 weeks depending in the requirements.

Sorry I'm not going to give sales figures.

I have a part time tech that does some assembly, and my son is my web-master and hopefully a builder once he gets fully trained.

My background in electronics goes back to when I was eight When I got a Radio shack 96in1 electronics kit for Christmas. I have been doing electronics ever since. I built my first Audiophile Amplifier when I was 18. Still use it today. I have recently worked at a blue chip High tech company as a Staff Engineer/Scientist. I have been building pedals since 2002.

i'm currently working on a routing project of my own. a 3 channel parallel mixer for guitar. at this point, it works kind of =). I figure when i'm happy with the design i'll layout a PCB, build a few up and see whose biting.

gotta think of a company name...and a product name at that!

Trending Topics