Calling all Two Rock,Fuchs,Glaswerks,Carol-Ann,Bludo etc.. D-Style Amp users !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 2112, Mar 11, 2008.

1. 2112

2112 Member

First off - sorry if I left any one out and place on the list has nothing to do with quality or tone :).

I had asked about this in another thread but did not want to get too off topic.

I would love if any of you users could show some clips - Video and/or audio clips showing the heaver side of these amps.

Don't get me wrong, I love the cool LC/RF tone these style amps are known for but I long to hear more like Steve's Two Rock heavy clip and Matte ripping on the various Carol-Ann - although I don't know if he counts since I will never be able to play like that anyway :eek:.

Give me some VH - like Tag and his Unchained E.Pro

Very Good !!!

Some Rush would be nice :).

On the heavier side any Dream Theater would be real good to hear :RoCkIn. Some killer chord work ala VH or take your pick.

Really, I know it's asking a lot but would be a real help in me deciding to take a chance on one of these style amps.

Thanks in advance and I realize clips arn't the best way to tell but they do help me. Now I just need Scott Lerner to record something on his Glaswerks or other tweaked out amp - just for the sound quality, plus I think he was a former Proghead :).

John

2. trap

trap Supporting Member

just posted some jet clips. the amp has a LOT more room for gain but it give the general idea of where it's at.:)

3. 2112

2112 Member

Paul,

It sounds great and I have listened to it a few times now :dude.

Again, I can kind-of, almost, sort-of, hear that it can do the other style of music I would want but actually hearing it would really be great. Not to mention, I would think that quite a few other people would like to hear it as well.

Of course, I could be the only one :confused: :).

John

4. scottl

scottl Member

Well, if you want to call Yes, Genesis, Floyd, Rush, UK, etc prog, then errr, I was. Back in the early 80s. ;)

5. trap

trap Supporting Member

thanks john, i'll see if i can add to it in the next couple of days. but as a reference point, the lead gain was at 1:30, if i cranked it and boosted the clean gain too, it would have that singing sustain thing. but the amps real strength is the touch sensitivity.

6. 2112

2112 Member

Since you mentioned about all of my favorite groups - yeah, I guess I would call them prog :).

Hey, I was born and raised in Philly - sorry - couldn't help but love those groups.

If you want to put your prog and/or hard rock hat with some of your amps, you would help out an old prog guy from the neighborhood :RoCkIn.

John

7. 2112

2112 Member

Paul, please don't go out of your way but that said - Thanks !!!

I agree it is the dynamics that make these amps special and while I love the blues and jazzy styles I have heard, I believe they could be great doing other types of music but are rarely, if ever heard :eek:.

John

8. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

9. 2112

2112 Member

Don't make me buy all these amps just to answer my own question :).

I would prefer to live vicariously through others who have the skills and time to do some clips for me :dude.

John

10. 2112

2112 Member

Is this the time to bump this request one more time - since Scott has Tag's amp and all :drink.

Steve, Type III clips would be good too. I know no one has anything better to do then make me clips ;).

Tag - Mr. Clip Bitch - let's get with the Fooking Rock clips :bow.

TIA

11. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

12. 2112

2112 Member

13. Mike

Mike Member

14. scottl

scottl Member

Sounds nice Mike!

15. Tag

Tag Gold Supporting Member

Agree, that sounds good Mike. A lot of guys do not know how much gain these amps can put out.

16. 8nthatK

8nthatK Supporting Member

IMHO you would be disappointed using this style of amp for that music genre...BUT... feel free to dismiss my opinion : )
    Because in the end if you have the itch, you're gonna have to scratch it.
    After owning...sheesh, let's see, I guess 6 of these Gems, I realized as cool they were for lead, the low mids got pretty irritating after a bit for chord work in the rock setting...but you may love it for that.
    Best of luck.

17. 2112

2112 Member

Thanks Mike that sounds great - not quite what I was looking for but thanks for reposting this here, I missed it somehow :JAM.

BTW, I have truely enjoyed all the tones I've heard you pull from these amps. :phones

John

18. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

19. Mike

Mike Member

Thanks Scott, Tag, John. I sure wasn't going for "smooth" on that track, was I? :BEER
    Brought me back to high school.... including the sloppy playing!

Mike

20. Rusty G.

Rusty G. Member

Does the Two Rock JET get as much gain as the Emerald Pro?