Calling ATOMIC ...... new Amplifire Firmware in 2016 :) ?

benifin

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Atomic

As there no Atomic website forum and its now over 6 months since the last FW update .... as Austin Powers would say " .... throw us a freakin' bone ... " :)

Hopefully this is taken in the good spirit within which it is intended.

Ben

Owner of 2 x Atomic CLR's and Amplifire on the way :)

eriwebnerr

Aren't there enough threads on this already?
It seems like this firmware is going to have some serious updates: we've heard about at least one new amp, potentially redesigned editor, and talk about using the AF to get rid of some external stomp boxes (whatever that means). All of these significant changes take a long time to test and revise any bugs found.

That said, I would much prefer smaller updates more frequently but that doesn't seem to be Atomics way of doing things.

BoB/335

I love my AF as it is. That's why I bought it. If they never issued another FW update I could live with that.
Seems to me some people buy products for what it might do in the future instead of what it actually does at the time of purchase.
Good to know!!!

Baminated

i dig the clips of the unit, but if i am not mistaken (could be). wasn't this the same company that was way too preemptive in announcing the release then taking a long time to actually release it?? If so, then how is releasng update any different ?

rsm

This is why we can't have nice things.

I think the issue is stating something publicly then going quiet / not delivering according to stated schedule (assuming a schedule was stated!)

FAS has certainly "up'd the ante" on updates; however, I've come to view any updates as a bonus if I'm happy with the modeler when I got it.

aleclee

TGP Tech Wrangler
Staff member
i dig the clips of the unit, but if i am not mistaken (could be). wasn't this the same company that was way too preemptive in announcing the release then taking a long time to actually release it?? If so, then how is releasng update any different ?
FAS has definitely changed user perceptions on firmware updates, but then again, a lot of people (myself included) are kind of frustrated by the churn that such an update philosophy entails. Other than FAS, who has as significantly higher update tempo than Atomic? Will L6 continue their Helix update pace? I dunno but historically they've been few and far between. 2-3 updates a year is pretty much the norm.

duaneflowers

I'm starting to think Fractal might have created some seriously unfair expectations in regards to firmware upgrades. Which has bred this "understanding" that all companies better get on the free **** wagon.
My perception of the Fractal is that it is like 99% software based and 1% hardware... kinda like a DAW in a Box. I'm not sure where AF stands on that scale, but while it might be close Tom is probably pacing himself so as to not blow his load too soon, so to speak, as may be the case with Fractal. Either way, software/firmware upgrades are much easier to roll out than hardware upgrades so we really should see more...

I did talk to Tom recently and he said the forum is ready to roll, he's just waiting to roll it out with something else they have in store for us... it might be a firmware upgrade or perhaps something even better... just have to wait and see!

Mandrax

There are bigger companies out there that release hardware and only release firmware to squish bugs. The fact that Atomic have added to the unit since release is a bonus really. I'm not sure that a new thread every week is going to make things go any quicker.

Pat6969

Silver Supporting Member
My perception of the Fractal is that it is like 99% software based and 1% hardware... kinda like a DAW in a Box. I'm not sure where AF stands on that scale, but while it might be close Tom is probably pacing himself so as to not blow his load too soon, so to speak, as may be the case with Fractal. Either way, software/firmware upgrades are much easier to roll out than hardware upgrades so we really should see more...

I did talk to Tom recently and he said the forum is ready to roll, he's just waiting to roll it out with something else they have in store for us... it might be a firmware upgrade or perhaps something even better... just have to wait and see!
I'd think after almost a year the release of the forum would be huge in and of itself.

scook

Silver Supporting Member
There are bigger companies out there that release hardware and only release firmware to squish bugs. The fact that Atomic have added to the unit since release is a bonus really. I'm not sure that a new thread every week is going to make things go any quicker.
Except that Atomic is selling units by saying it will get better over time via firmware. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Slapshot1977

Silver Supporting Member
I don't necessarily need more amps or effects but the editor leaves a LOT to be desired. I wish they'd focus on that and get it released.

Trending Topics