Calling "Blue Strat" for tube advise please

JB6464

Silver Supporting Member
My Soldano HR100+ amp with SED 6L6GC power tubes finally failed and I need a new quad .
I liked the SED 6L6GC tubes but they are now out of production or what's available now is ridiculously over priced , so I'm game to trying something a little different to see if it will wake the amp up with a different tone than the usual 6L6 type tubes out there.
I am looking at the newer Tung-Sol 7581 tubes and wondering what the difference between them and the 7581A tubes are.
From what I read online the 7581 is a 30w tube and the 7581A tubes are a 35w tube .

Other than a slight difference in wattage , are they suppose to sound pretty close to each other ?
Have you had any hands on experience with the Tung-Sol 7581 tubes recently ?

What I have tried and don't like in my Soldano amps so far is:
Sovtek 5881/6L6WXT
JJ 6L6GC
Tung-Sol KT66

Last edited:

Blue Strat

First, don't believe the specs of any Russian tube.

Second, I haven't been daring enough to buy 100 of these yet (minimum order to be able to get a price that might yield a profit) due to being burned by the company several times before.

Best of luck! Let us know how it works out.

JB6464

Silver Supporting Member
First, don't believe the specs of any Russian tube.

Second, I haven't been daring enough to buy 100 of these yet (minimum order to be able to get a price that might yield a profit) due to being burned by the company several times before.

Best of luck! Let us know how it works out.
Thanks Mike .