Calling Germino Club 40 users

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by cg, Aug 4, 2008.

1. cg

cg Silver Supporting Member

A few questions for you. My cab arrives tomorrow and I'll finally be able to plug in and play!

How are you plugging in? Single cable in? Y cable? Jumping channels?

Which OD pedals do you like? I am hoping my BB preamp and Timmy work well.

2. cg

3. Jim Fairbairn

Jim Fairbairn Member

I plug into the upper left channel by itself with humbucker or P90 equipped guitars. I haven't tried alot of OD pedals but I've been using a Fulltone FD2 and Voodoo Lab Sparkledrive. The speaker cab I use most often is the Germino 2x12 with Heritage G12M's open back.

4. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Cab arrive yet?
    Pictures?

5. cg

Should be here this afternoon!!

6. tenbender

tenbender Supporting Member

You're gonna love the sound and feel of that amp through that cab! Let me know when it arrives and thanks for the sale.

7. cg

Will do!

8. ricoh

ricoh Member

I jump the channels.............bottom left to upper right and use a BB style Germino 2-12 with English greenbacks at 16 ohms. I have not used it with pedals but I can tell you that it sounds very very similar to a 67 Marshall JTM 50 watt job that a close pal gave me.

9. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I used to jumper the channels on mine. I played my H/S/S Melancon with mine. You are going to love that amp.

10. Ricky_Rockhardo

Ricky_Rockhardo Member

I used to jumper the channels on mine, too.

11. davess23

davess23 Member

Lately I mostly play my C40 through a Mojo 1-12 cab with a G12-65. I set the volume at noon or one o'clock. The eq's are usually also someplace around noon but tickled to taste. Adjust using the guitar's volume and tone knobs from there.

I often plug into the top left input but I'm experimenting with a Y cord and the results have been good so far. I love the way my Strat sounds through this rig, but it likes Les Pauls just as much. Great amp.

12. Kiwi

Kiwi Silver Supporting Member

1) Jumper the channels, and adjust volume knobs to taste. Revel in that fat Marshall clean tone. Turn it up and listen to it grow natural hair.
    2) There may be too much bass. Don't be afraid to dial it way back if needed.
    3) Mine wants to see 16 ohms. It just does. It sounds better. I don't know why. But it wants to see 16 ohms.
    4) Play with the rectifier tube or setting. It makes a difference in headroom and feel.
    5) Don't use pedals quite yet. Plug in all your guitars, and hear how it flatters each one of them individually.

It's Greg's take on the little-known JTM-50 amp, the transition amp between the JTM45 and the early Plexi. Flat EQ on the front end, into a pair of EL34s. Loud, accurate, clean ... and then it turns into something very special.

Enjoy and congrats -

=K

13. cg

First impression - I am not worthy! Wow. The tone coming out of this amp is incredible. It's absolutely addictive. I am a very happy camper tonight!

14. Zuper

Zuper Supporting Member

With a strat, I prefer the HI channel one input. No jumper. Volume 7-9. Treble and Mids around 1 o'clock and bass around 10 o'clock. Sounds great through a lot of different speakers, but I like the Scumback H-75 LHDC the best.

15. dewman

dewman Gold Supporting Member

Cool trick for fuzz users...go into the BASS input, crank the treble all the way up. Hit your fuzz pedal. Instant great tones and no buzziness...

Dont be afraid to use the LOW inputs as well, I crank the amp, and use the low inputs sometimes and it helps tame the volume and sounds just as good....

It takes some time to learn how to drive these babies, but when you get it- its magical. Settings like Bo Faulkner posted (mids cranked, presence cranked, treble at zero, bass at 9 oclock) and volume at noon totally changes the gain structure of the amp, making it sound more agressive and saturated like a Lead 55 LV...