Calling out the Maxon experts (old(er) Ad-9 content)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fabulusfab777, May 18, 2011.

1. fabulusfab777

fabulusfab777 Supporting Member

Hey guys,

I just got a Maxon Ad-9 today in a trade, it is one of the older models, without the little switch (single/double). I could post the serial # inside for help but i wanted to know if it can be used at higher then 9V, like 12v or even 18v ??

I was also wandering if some guys hear had any info on how it compares to the newer models. I think the newer models have like 450ms of delay and this one is more like 300ms.

So far i've tried it in my setup and i like it quite a bit. I'm not a big delay user anyway, i just like to add a bit on clean guitars and also on my lead sound that's all.

So any help/info will be much appreciated.

2. fabulusfab777

I think that i have seen it can be used at 12v but not sure for 18v, it's because it might impact my decision on the purchase of a multi power supply.

Anyone ??

3. aaland_brian

aaland_brian Member

pretty sure the mn3205 chip is only supposed to be run at 9v, and is actually getting closer to 5volts to the chip for it to perform optimally according to the datasheet, the 12v your thinking of is the ad900 which uses the mn3005 chip. Don't fry that thing with too much juice, 18v might be too much for the capacitors, it's a cool slap back delay, but analogman does a tone mod to make it a little bit better.

4. fabulusfab777

Thanks for the info, i'll look at the chip to be sure what it is. Also i was thinking about e-mailing analogman as i know they are great for mods.