Cameron amp demo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by carbz, Jan 21, 2008.

1. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

2. Lution

Lution Member

Good God!! :drool: What a meaty and mean sounding amp! Love it!! Thanks for posting!!

3. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

:mad:that dude needs a haircut!:mad:

;)

4. mcuguitar

mcuguitar Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Good sounding amp on the lead side of things. I'm not that convinced on the clean to crunch sound though. The overdrive sounds like some Van Halen tones.

5. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

If you were in the room and played it you might get it. Mark don't need no freeking haircut either. Wish I could wear what little I have like that, for me it would be called a Skullet.

The amp sounds awesome from clean to mean and there is nothing at the price point that compares.. Awesome amp. Can't wait to get one.

6. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Heh, that dude is Mark Cameron his own bad self :dude

When I picked up my modded SLP at his shop in North Hollywood a couple years ago I'll never forget walking down the hall, bunch of doors on both sides and not knowing exactly which door the prize lurked behind. Then this guy just starts absolutley wailing on a guitar, tone just to die for - absolutley crushing. Then it gets all quiet, just super sweet clean tone from rolling back the guitar volume. Then back to crushing with equally crushing playing. I get to where the sound is coming from and sure enough Marks name is on the door. I stood out there for another 15 minutes just listening. When it stopped I knocked on the door and Mark answered - turns out he was finishing burning in my amp. It was truely the lair of a Mad Scientist. Mark was gracious, even apologetic that "something didn't sound right..." I had to convince him to step away from the amp - put down the soldering iron, don't change a thing :p

My own experience was positive, and I would repeat the wait in a heartbeat because the end result is awesome. Congratulations Mark - looks like your vision is finally coming to fruition.

Steve E

7. vchizzle

vchizzle Supporting Member

sounds great. a friend of mine is getting one so I am anxious to actually hear it in person soon hopefully.

8. kurtsstuff

kurtsstuff Member

I want one....NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dude

9. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

What cab and speakers was he using? Damn that sounded amazing. Could it be the ultimate hard rock amp?????

10. coxswain

coxswain Member

That amp sounds just plain incredible! I wish I could have been in the room.
    How responsive to the volume knob is it? Does it clean up well?

Chase

11. Steve Snider

Yes it could.

12. Steve Snider

From what I heard of Doug Rappaport playing it , I thought it cleaned up real nice in the second channel and the clean channel sounded good too. I played it in lead only and it's a rock machine. Loved it.

13. danhops

danhops Member

Never would've thought:jo

14. kurtsstuff

kurtsstuff Member

hehehe ;)

15. datguytim

datguytim Member

yeah - unless you've heard & played one of Mark's amps in person, you really have no idea. That amp & the one beneath it sound & feel unlike any other hi-gain amp out there. I don't play a ton of the heavy rock stuff anymore (I used to!), but I will be picking up a Cameron this year for when the need arises - which it will!

The cab had Celestion G-12 30H speakers in it - Mark's preference.
    That rig feels so killer when you play through it - I wish I'd brought my R9 to plug in, but Mark's homemade axe sounded great for the ripping metal/rock tones that this amp line is the all-out KING of!

16. joshsage

joshsage Member

got several vids comin fellas

17. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    Man that's just sick tone ! I Love it. Good to see an amp that rocks like that and a builder that rocks just as much. Way to go Mark Cameron. Very cool. I wonder how a nobody-bloke like me can get one of these amps ?
    -d

18. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

I wonder if he will end up making 50 watters? It is a great sounding high gainer. Kind of reminds me of a Bog XTC and the 5150 III but more toneful. Love to play one like the rest of you guys but highly unlikely one will float in my area.

19. daveS

daveS lefty dude on hiatus Gold Supporting Member

Between the San Andreas and Calaveras Faults
    From the sound of the clips, this thing seems to have its own crunchy thing going on that departs a bit from any Bogner or 5150 version I have heard. I hate to use this cliche, it sounds like EVHs early "brown" sound or DiMartini's early Ratt tone. Regardless of how you describe it, it's a great rock tone that I never tire of. I dig how the amp doesn't come off as too "fizzy".... even though this amp is rocking your head off with crunch, you can still hear the "woodiness" of the guitar too. Of course, I am really no tone expert.....and I guess I'd would really have to hear and play it in person, but this is what I took away from the clips. Would love to try one sometime.
    -d

20. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

The first day I played it I wasn't looking for clean tones, but I couldn't stay away and when I came back the next day Mark was dialing in different tones while this dude was playing. When Mark dialed in a clean tone I was almost floored. I couldn't believe an amp that had the best high gain distortion I'd ever heard could sound that incredible clean. It was just as good as any Fender clean I'd ever heard. Then he dials in a plexi tone. gawd it sounded just like Angus Young. Then he reaches around back, flips a switch and turns a few knobs and out comes one of the best EVH tones you can find anywhere.
    Basically this is an amp that will do anything you want it to.