Cameron amps...anyone receive one yet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Jaimoe, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Jaimoe

Jaimoe Member

Have they shipped yet and can anyone who has received the head, please post a review.

Also, I own 2 Jose modded Marshalls from Mark. If you also own one, please describe how it compares to his current production head.

Thanks. :D

2. joshsage

joshsage Member

I only know of two people who have received... Chelsea Constable...and DiezelDale on rig-talk....
    Go to www.rig-talk.com and go to the cameron board...wealth of information, drama, and a couple laughs there!
    Josh

3. bobbtoz

bobbtoz Silver Supporting Member

The drama has recently slowed down. Got kind of hot for a bit. Now that they cut down on the drama theirs barley any new posts.

Still waiting for my new Cameron, but no word as of yet.

4. wolfpack

wolfpack Supporting Member

Good luck, you may want to check in again

5. ericb

ericb Silver Supporting Member

YEP

Eric

6. mdog114

mdog114 Member

7. fuzzfan1

fuzzfan1 Member

North of the Cheddar Curtain-Shorewood Wisconsin
  8. mdog114

mdog114 Member

Well, that's not a very good sign.

9. Lution

Lution Member

wow, just wow.

I'm drooling over these amps. What is the holdup? Has there been any clarification on why it has taken so long for the amps to hit the street?

This reminds of the gap between the Boston albums.

10. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    From what I have heard from other techs "in the know" in California; the chances of getting a Cameron anytime soon are pretty low

So he wants 1/2 the money up front, then promises to deliver?

11. fuzzfan1

fuzzfan1 Member

North of the Cheddar Curtain-Shorewood Wisconsin
    Agreed. I just hope that those who have deposits don't get screwed!

12. Lution

Lution Member

I just hope beyond anything else that they do whatever it takes to get these amps out to the public. They sound too damn good not to!

13. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

I wouldn't sweat the money....if in fact a deposit is made it's put into an account held by Marks partner Chris Schmidt. Mark doesn't touch it, and in fact anybody that's asked for a refund has gotten one immediately. Has anybody (everybody) had to wait on delivery of a new amp? yes. Has a single person who put money down and requested a refund ever claimed they got ripped off? no.

14. ed84246

ed84246 Member

I understand things are frustrating with delays, but please don't spread rumors by "other techs in the know" (who by the way, are probably direct competitors of the guy) that "chances are low" of getting an amp. I spend some time with Mark and while I'm not suggesting no one should have any complaints, I don't think it's right to spread unsubstantiated 3rd party hearsay rumors that may hurt his business anymore than it already has been. And by the way, I've actually been to his shop just last week and seen him working on the amps with my own eyes and a new guy he's hired is helping him out. I highly doubt any of these other "techs" have actually been there and are going on firsthand knowledge so I would have to counter and say the amps will start coming sooner rather than later.

15. Plague Dog

Plague Dog Member

It's just like the techs "in the know" that I've talked to who love to spread rumors about Fred at divided by 13. If these guys were half the builder as Mark Cameron or Fred Tacone then they might be able to produce an amp that sounds somewhere close to as good.

Since they can't and will probably never be able to... take what they have to say with a grain of salt.

16. Loni Specter

Loni Specter Member

I spoke with Chris Schmidt today. They are shipping amps and catching up with orders. They will be at the NY show and all is looking good for the future.

17. yZe

yZe Senior Member

Tampa, on the Territory of Florida (D.C. Free Zone
    Yup, it's definitely hearsay, I see that they are 2.4 - 2.7, which is a little above what I can afford at this point

Their sound definitely outweighs the price tag

If the amp is all hard wired, I can see why it would take a while

18. SvenHock

SvenHock Member

You guys protecting him, just look at his track record. Though a great tech/amp builder he has no clue about business. Delete his own threads? Personally I would want to know what he's trying to hide by doing that. If his amps are that good, we know the threads must not be about his lousy sounding amps because they are great sounding according to the masses. What else could the threads been about?

Anyone who has sent him any money and knows his rep about getting the product done and out the door might as well send Nigerian spammers money as well. Theres too many good builders out here that can deliver the goods then to deal with someone who cant.

19. carbz

carbz Supporting Member

I browsed rig-talk a few weeks back and most of the posts were complaints by people who gave deposits and were not being updated in anyway with the status of their amps. Some people apparently were told they would be done in a specific time and they weren't. Also many people were having trouble getting in touch with him. I don't know Mark so I wouldn't say anything negative about him but what I have read hasn't been too good other then his product. Neither Mark or his partner really responded to the posts which I thought was strange being they manage the forum. All I know is I'd hate to have a **** load of customers pissed off at me.....:messedup

20. guitarded_1

guitarded_1 Member

I know that you are just the messenger, so this is not directed at you. However, Mark has been saying the same sort of thing for years, and he has never even come close to operating professionally. :horse