Can a tc electronics nova delay introduce hum if...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by semi-hollowbody, Apr 8, 2015.

1. semi-hollowbody

semi-hollowbody Member

It is on its own power supply (12 v wall wart...all other pedals on a voodoo lab pp2 no daisy chaining)

And it's in a road rage 5 channel switcher...so it's not always in the signal path?

2. bobbyatomic

bobbyatomic Member

If there's a hum and the pedal you suspect isn't in the signal path and isn't sharing a power supply with any of the other pedals it probably isn't that pedal, that's my uneducated layman's opinion.

3. Dr Slapstick

Dr Slapstick Member

I used to have that trouble with the stock power supply on my Nova Delay (not in a loop though). When I swapped to my Voodoo power supply there were zero problems.

I'd try swapping one of the outlets on the PP2+ to the Nova Delay and seeing if that fixes it.

4. CodeMonk

CodeMonk Member

I've got a Nova Delay, with its own power supply.
    Also have a PP2+ and a few pedals daisy chained on it.
    Both plug into the same power strip mounted under my pedalboard.
    I have no noise issues.

5. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

You can definitely get hum with the Nova, but it's hard to pinpoint the cause from the information given. Is the Nova running in the amp's fx loop or in front (alongside the other pedals in the TB looper)? Does the hum change when you switch the Nova's loop on/off, or go away when you unplug the signal cables to it (so you decouple it from the looper)? Is the hum constant, regardless of which other pedals are on/off, or does it increase when you kick in a distortion pedal? How are the power supplies (the PP2+ and the one for the Nova) positioned, both in relation to each other and to the pedals? Does the hum change if you move the Nova power supply? Does it change if you move some of the pedals in relation to the power supply (particularly wah/dirt pedals early in the chain)?

Lots of things to test, thus... :)