Can a Vox AC-15 CC keep up w/ a band?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sbreide, Jul 29, 2008.

1. sbreide

sbreide Member

I'm thinking of buying one of these as I am amp-less right now (it is breaking my heart). My question is, from experience have you found that these are able to keep up with a band volume wise. I'm not playing metal... usually just stuff like Radiohead or Modest Mouse.

I'm really planning to play this around the house as I can't find ANYONE to play with in my area right now but I just was wondering if I did manage to find some folks would this amp cut it?

2. nnick

nnick Member

The AC-15 will work just fine unless you are looking for a lot of clean headroom.

3. sbreide

sbreide Member

Nope... it definitely doesn't need to sound like a twin reverb. I'm way more fond of a clean tone that is slightly dirty.

4. jdavyd

jdavyd Member

the Ac15 is LOUD. note that the word is all caps, bold, italics, and underline. that's how loud it is!

5. Lexbro

Lexbro Member

Loud? not in my experience. with a moderately loud drummer the amp needed to be pegged and was heavily distorted (great sound but not always appropriate for our repertoire) no clean headroom at all unless you go for a big bump in the monitors

6. Randy Van Sykes

Randy Van Sykes Member

I find the AC15 plenty loud for playing with a band...just don't point it at your feet/knees, tilt back the amp a bit towards your head and it'll be fine.
    I use an AC15 with a loud drummer on stage. I still have enough headroom for a great clean tone.

7. thudle

thudle Member

Yes, it'll keep up fine. I've used it (un-mic'd) with a whole band, and it was plenty loud for the room which fit 300 people.

8. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

Yes... Mine seemed louder than my club 40

9. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

I play in a band with another electric player on a 40 watt tube amp, a loud drummer, a sax player, bass player, keyboard player, and violin sometimes. It keeps up with everybody just fine. I run the master volume wide open and usually have the gain set around 12 o'clock depending on the gig.

10. shredtrash

shredtrash Supporting Member

15 Class A watts is loud! I use a Savage Macht 12x (12 watts obviously) in many situations with a treble booster and I get slightly dirty cleans and excellent distorted sounds as well. You won't have any trouble. I never believed it myself until I had band members telling me to turn down.