Can all 9v pedals be run at 18v?

Snowdog

I know a lot can, but I just realized I am out of 9v on my Dunlop Brick - but I have an extra 18v slot. This would be specifically for a Wampler Pinnacle Limited (the 2 foot switch version).

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Not all pedals can run at 12 or 18V. Best thing to do is check w/ the manufacturers of your pedals.

Don A

Gold Supporting Member
Just in case it's not clear...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Read the manual/check with the manufacturer!

hipfan

Pu$$ies.

Just kidding. Don't do it unless specifically permitted by the manufacturer, so on and so forth.

CyberFerret

Some pedals such as the Fulltone OCD etc. love running at 18v for more headroom, but most will result in the 'magic smoke' escaping from the pedal, thus relegating them to the great big pedalboard in the sky...

There are even some pedals that run worse at 18v, such as the Analogman King of Tone. Well, I say worse, but it is actually different, with less overdrive, which most people would say is worse...

My suggestion is to read the bit of paper that was stuffed in the box your pedal came with. Wise words are written there...

Pinelake

I bought an 18V for my Fulltone OCD. It did give it a different dimension, but I actually prefer the 9V sound. Yes, careful on what you run at 18V and read the manufacturer's info first.

Trending Topics