Can any wah aficionados recommend me a wah?

MrMoose

I'm not as well studied on wah tones as I am say overdrive or fuzz. I currently own an Xotic wah which is great as it covers a lot of ground but I'm curious to hear what other great mojo filled wahs might be out there! I'm also just interested to learn more in general like what are italian wahs or what makes for a great/classic wah sound.

Thanks!

fendervato

I'm not a "wah aficionado" but over the years I've owned/played through a Vox V847a, a Dunlop Cry Baby, an early Budda Wah, a BBE Ben Wah and a Vertex Axis (see BBE Ben Wah). But the only wah that I've ever received compliments on from guitarist friends at any of my band's gigs is the one I own now - the Teese RMC 10.

Last edited:

aiq

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Crybaby but all I do with it is stay on a sweet spot and move the pedal ever so slightly for subtle tone change, usually in concert with OD.

Works fine for my thing.

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
RMC 10 is the wah you want. You'll spend a lot of money buying wah's and flipping them because they just don't quite get that classic wah sound you have in your head. The RMC 10 will do it right the first time.

Fender074

AMT Japanese Girl has ended my search...all 3 settings are more then useable, small footprint, silent and sounds excellent!

Axis29

Silver Supporting Member
Had a Dunlop for years before it got scratchy... (after something like 15 years... Not really a bad run!) Then eventually just quit making sound all together. Been using a BBE since. The Dunlops, Fulltones, Wilsons, etc are all excellent. I've had a little first hand experience with a couple of Fulltones (but never the (motivated) cash to own one). They are really nice. If money were no object, I'd probably be more willing to branch out into more expensive offerings.

I tried a Bad Horsey ii... The way it switched on was weird to me. But, it sounded nice.

In all honesty, I am perfectly happy with my BBE.

Trending Topics