1. During the first week of August 2020, we'll be upgrading the software TGP runs on to the currently available up-to-date version. The software version is a significant upgrade, so there will be some downtime as we do the work under the hood. We've got a team of professionals, including the software development company assisting the process. We've conducted substantial tests using backups of the current forum to ensure a smooth and successful upgrade. We've gone to great lengths on the design of the theme (aka 'skin' or look and feel) of the forum to offer a better user experience for members and visitors. The default theme will be new, yet clearly influenced by the classic TGP look. We will have a dark version of that also easily selectable. Also available will be a "Classic TGP" theme that closely matches the current theme you are accustomed to using with the current software. There is also an easy width adjustment to make it set width or expand to your window width for each theme. As we get closer, I'll update everyone so hopefully, no one will be caught by surprise.
    Dismiss Notice

Can anybody help with a DynaComp clone that is not varying in sensitivity?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by soma89, Jan 1, 2020.

1. soma89

soma89 Member

Hello everyone, Happy 2020!

I am working on a dynacomp/ross clone that does not have a functioning sensitivity (sustain) knob. It kinda just stays at the same highly compressed state even when I fool around with the adjustment knob.
    I checked everything through a scope. Nothing on the board looks burned.

Any ideas?
    I do understand some electronics jargon so feel free to get a bit technical on me.

Thanks in advance

2. Hawkmoon269

Hawkmoon269 Supporting Member

Pick it up and shake it.

coltonius likes this.
  3. coltonius

coltonius SeƱor Member

Is it a PCB project? Vero?

4. soma89

soma89 Member

Its actually a pedal thats already made. Basic DynaComp Schematic

5. David B

David B Silver Supporting Member

Disconnect the sensitivity/sustain pot and measure that it goes from 0-500k (it's likely reverse taper), then check that the leads that connect to the pot are also connected to 27k and Q5. If that all works keep tracing the sensitivity circuit with the schematic.

soma89 likes this.
  6. soma89

soma89 Member

The pot measures fine.

Its connected to 27k but I'm not sure what else to look for at Q5, as the compression is happening but its just not varying. So I would imagine there would be signal all along that path, no?