• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Can anybody help with a DynaComp clone that is not varying in sensitivity?

soma89

Hello everyone, Happy 2020!

I am working on a dynacomp/ross clone that does not have a functioning sensitivity (sustain) knob. It kinda just stays at the same highly compressed state even when I fool around with the adjustment knob.
I checked everything through a scope. Nothing on the board looks burned.

Any ideas?
I do understand some electronics jargon so feel free to get a bit technical on me.

Thanks in advance

coltonius

Señor Member
Hello everyone, Happy 2020!

I am working on a dynacomp/ross clone that does not have a functioning sensitivity (sustain) knob. It kinda just stays at the same highly compressed state even when I fool around with the adjustment knob.
I checked everything through a scope. Nothing on the board looks burned.

Any ideas?
I do understand some electronics jargon so feel free to get a bit technical on me.

Thanks in advance
Is it a PCB project? Vero?

David B

Gold Supporting Member
Disconnect the sensitivity/sustain pot and measure that it goes from 0-500k (it's likely reverse taper), then check that the leads that connect to the pot are also connected to 27k and Q5. If that all works keep tracing the sensitivity circuit with the schematic.

soma89

Disconnect the sensitivity/sustain pot and measure that it goes from 0-500k (it's likely reverse taper), then check that the leads that connect to the pot are also connected to 27k and Q5. If that all works keep tracing the sensitivity circuit with the schematic.
The pot measures fine.

Its connected to 27k but I'm not sure what else to look for at Q5, as the compression is happening but its just not varying. So I would imagine there would be signal all along that path, no?

Trending Topics