1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can anybody here compare the Diezel VH4 to the Bogner XTC 101b for me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Random Hero, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Anybody that's played both? I'm looking for a departure from the Mesa tone, and I'm leaning heavily towards the Bogner.

Can anybody compare the two aforementioned amps for me?

2. enditol

enditol Member

I've played both and own the VH4, they are pretty much totally different. The Bogner is looser, saggier and has a different midrange focus. I'd say the Diezel is way tighter and more 'modern' sounding with a unique voice.

Definitely try both if you can, I prefer the Diezel for my Metal style, they are both some wicked tone machines though no doubt about that.

3. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Hey didn't I sell the Herbert to you?

4. enditol

enditol Member

Nope I bought mine new. Loved the Herb but ended up selling it and keeping the VH4. I slightly prefer the VH4 tightness and midrange focus.

5. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

6. gibson08

gibson08 Member

I have played both, but I am curious first,,which Boogie product are you using??

7. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Mark IV.

8. nbarts

nbarts Member

VERY, VERY different.

9. flyangus

flyangus Member

Here's a clip of us live, I'm using a Bogner XTC and the other guitarist is using a VH4.

It was recorded straight from the desk with no tweaks afterwards, both guitars miced with Sm57's. We didn't even know this was being recorded! The sound guys brother plugged his MiniDisc recorder into the direct outs :D

Anyway, first solo is the XTC then the VH4, we alternate after that.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=23598

The track is The Jack by AC/DC

10. justonwo

justonwo Member

Great clip, flyangus. Your playing and tone really captures the feel of that song. The VH4 - not so much. Doesn't go with that song.

For what it's worth, I much prefer the tone of the Bogner in that clip.

11. gibson08

gibson08 Member

I did read that , but was not sure if you still had it. That choice between those two amps is really subjective, it really depends on types of music, guitar choice, and feel of the amp while playing. I asked the same question on here a while back and ended up buying a XTC. I was always a little bit of a Boogie fan though, never played a MKIV, everybody always said that they are VERY versatile, true?? cant come up with the right sound??

12. coxswain

coxswain Member

Thank you so much for posting that. I really think your XTC tone on that track is perfect! That track also captures that rich woody type of tone that one gets from the Boggy bog. Very organic and rich without lacking and balls.

Chase