Can anyone compare the Chase Tone Red Stardust and Analogman NKT275?

blindeddy

I'm curious if anyone has owned and can compare the Chase Tone Red Stardust and Analogman NKT275 white dot. I have a NKT275 that I dig but I've recently been bitten by the Chase bug. I'm guessing these are fairly subtly different and not wildly different fuzzes. Anyone?

BluesHarp

I didnt like the Stardust against my white dot Sunface. Returned the Stardust the next day.
I remember that the Stardust seemed to be changed enough from an original fuzzface circuit that I didnt like it.
The way the highs sounded.. its cleanup.. all small and nit picking things really.
Id say it was a good sounding fuzz.. but not better than my Sunface in a musical way.

blindeddy

I didnt like the Stardust against my white dot Sunface. Returned the Stardust the next day.
I remember that the Stardust seemed to be changed enough from an original fuzzface circuit that I didnt like it.
The way the highs sounded.. its cleanup.. all small and nit picking things really.
Id say it was a good sounding fuzz.. but not better than my Sunface in a musical way.
Thanks for the reply man, thats very helpful. I was kinda hoping the feedback would be along these lines. Helps smooth out the gear lust in my head and be happy with what I have :).

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
I get that - could you elaborate on your rig? It's hard to have a concept of context when it's just pedal vs. pedal with none of the other central tone shaping elements, you know what I mean?

Trending Topics