Can anyone describe the tonal difference between an Xotic RC Booster and Klon (or clone)?

v75swd

I have an RC Booster, I like it a lot. I mostly use it for a bit of a boost or something xtra on my clean tones. Its great. I know nothing about the Klon, except the reputation. I watched a Pete Thorn video today and he was running a clone into his dirtyish amp and his tone was killer. He mentioned that many run the Klon as a clean boost. If I ran my gain on the RCB up, would it be remotely close? My pedalboard is at the rehearsal space or I'd be trying it now.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
Klon-types have a mid hump in a certain spot where the rc is pretty flat imho.

Reactions: wye

wye

The touch is also different, you have to try it yourself...rc does not alter the feeling....

sliberty

RC is very transparent, and you can dial in the bass and treble to your liking. If you dial back bass and treble you accent mids. If you dial them up, you are scooping the mids.

Klon is mid boosted all of the time. It also adds some compression that the RC will not. And if you crank the gain on both, the Klon has much more grit, where the RC remains clean-ish, depending on your pickups and amp of course.

Reactions: wye

Trending Topics

Top Bottom