Can anyone help a semi-retarded individual?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by telewacker, Apr 23, 2008.

1. telewacker

telewacker Member

2. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Yo Paul ..
    I have no idea what it means ...

One of my tunes reached #21 in the Smooth Instrumentals chart
    (which has well over a #100,000 postings to compete with) ...
    & that was pointed out by someone to me ...

That's all I've ever heard about it ... :)

3. scottl

scottl Member

It means I hate you, not only are you an extremely talented multi-instrumentalist, but you are sort of famous! :bow

4. trisonic

trisonic Member

This week I made it to #55 in the Film Score section out of 10,000 - when I checked it is just on how many have "streamed" it (I don't allow downloads on Soundclick).

Best, Pete.

5. telewacker

telewacker Member

Hey I'm used to being hated! But not any sort of famous....

6. telewacker

telewacker Member

How do you determine how many have streamed it? I started allowing free downloads...I'd charge the 75 cents if I thought any one would pay.

7. telewacker

telewacker Member

I found the page that lists the number of streams and downloads. It's not that big a number..... :(

8. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Paul ... Please feel free to use your playing over my Toot's BT for anything you'd like ... Okay ...

Just listened to it again when I got in tonight ...
    Damn, you're too much man .... such a great player!!
    & on two instruments ...!!!!!

9. clayville

clayville Member

If you want to get it to #1 (you know: for your resume and such), put it in the "Accordion and Pan Pipe Duets" category.

:AOK

10. ToneZappa

ToneZappa Member

Hi Paul............. What it means is Iv,e been playing it (seriously).... I love you,re playing and have been playing it, as I,m sure a lot of other people have. I,m on SoundClick as well, I don,t play the SoundClick game and write to everyone. But the whole thing has that snow ball effect and gets bigger and bigger and it starts to seem very rude not to respond to people who love the music or playing etc.
    The whole chart thing is very strange and I don,t know how it works. I didn,t even know there was a chart when I joined.

My homepage (thats the one with the studio photo) has had 12,000 page hits (thats a steady 1,5000 per month since I started) My tracks are played anything from 50 to 300 times a day but have been played over 1,000 times per day as well. (the highest being 1,835 in one day!!!)

My best track "Jumbuck"......check it out! (its a good track, it won 1st prize in the Unisong international competition) has been played 32,725 times since Sept 07. I get emails asking for new tracks and guitar Tab etc. But I am reluctant to put any proper product on there though. All my tracks are available for streaming only and not download. But its all a joke really if someone wants it they just record it onto what ever format they want.

I have a couple of CDs from people on this forum and would gladly buy a CD from many people on this thread (and more). I think there are some outstanding players here....... but how can we make some money doing what we like best. All of my work is from commercial music.!!!

Maybe TGP should start a record company for guitar based music ? Theres got to be enough people here to put together a mega album.!!............. Well I,m off to play your track again now, Bye the way what you did on Josephs "Toots" thing is absolutely amazing.

Cheers .........Bub :AOK

11. telewacker

telewacker Member

Thanks Joseph!! That was a great track to play on and you guys all sound awesome! I can imagine how much you enjoy working with that band. Thanks again for making the BT available.:AOK

12. PacoCasanovas

PacoCasanovas Member

LOL..... Telewacker for president! :drink

13. telewacker

telewacker Member

Thanks for the explanation and the kind words Bub! I can see why you get so many hits. Your music is awesome, great chops, ideas and imagination, and production. I only started the Soundclick page originally to demo some of my amps hanging out at the amp forum. I don't mean to be rude, but I prefer to spend my time practicing and recording to being online and doing the whole networking thing but I'll try to be conscientious about it and not piss people off. That'll be turning over a new leaf! LOL!!

14. trisonic

trisonic Member

You get a stats page every day.
    The reason I don't allow downloads is that I've other "irons in the fire" re licensing and I don't want to jeopardize that. Soundclick is really good for testing things out and posting them on here too, as I have discovered.
    See my thread in "members soundclips" headed "West from East".

Whoops! My comments are pretty redundant, after reading ToneZappa's and I note you found the stats page.

Good luck!
    Best, Pete.