1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone here tell me about this pedal company?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Mooncusser, Jun 10, 2006.

1. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about Baja Tech Custom pedals co.
    I have visted thier web site, but I can't really find out much about the company, or it's reputation. I can get info on thier pedals, but nothing else. Can anyone help me here?
    How is Baja Tech revered, is it considered a botique status type of pedal, and are they a US company? There are alot of languages to choose from on thier web site.
    Anyway, I really appreciate any info you guys/ gals could shoot my way.
    I have a Baja Tech Da Fuzz SI on the way..(good reviews on HC)
    Take care and best regards,
    Mass

2. gururyan

gururyan Member

3. retro

retro Member

Hey Mass,

There was a video posted in this forum by a member with his fuzz not too long ago...I don't know if it was lost.

I'll see if I can find it but I would have thought he might have chimed in on your other thread. I am little surprised by the lack of responses. I was under the impression people were liking them and that you could find them for a good price when they sell them on Ebay.

4. moodog

moodog Member

5. retro

retro Member

6. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

I visited the link before I posted, lots of info on the pedals, but like I said, not to much on the actual company's information there, but thanks. If you can find more than I did please show the way.LOL

I appreciate all your help guys, really. I traded a flanger for the Das Fuzz SI. I'm sure the Das MOAF is INCREDIBLE, but I am planning on running the Das Fuzz SI and A Fulltone '69 together to have the GE/SI capability.
    I hope they twin nicely.
    Best to all, and thanks a million.
    Mass

7. moodog

moodog Member

8. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Thanks Moodog, I appreciate it.
    Take care...

9. tiptone

tiptone Member

The domain is registered to a guy in San Diego so it looks like it is a U.S. company. Sorry, that's all the help I can be.

10. curtisstetka

curtisstetka Member

I bought Da MOAF off ebay a few months ago. I dealt directly with the proprietor of Baja Tech. All went well.

The pedal was extremely well made. The inside looked like it was assembled by a surgeon it was so precisely done.

Ultimately I put it back on ebay (and just about broke even). It just wasn't for me. No fault in the pedal at all. It simply wasn't the sound I was after.

11. Mooncusser

Mooncusser Member

Would you mind if I asked you in your opinion what sound it gave, and what tone were you trying to target?
    Thanks and take care,
    Mass

12. moodog

moodog Member

It's very Smashing Pumpkins Siamese Dream era, aka early 70's Big Muff Pi tone but with a lot more options in terms of distortion versatility.