Can anyone ID this Lovepedal?

Mele

Have had this for years but no idea what it is called.

Ideas? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mele

Could be a DoV - sounds like a "top boost" type pedal. Have seen a few KARL's that resemble this but it is not a fuzz...

Thanks guys.

coltonius

Señor Member
Possibly an old school Super Six then? Mele, are any of the knobs labeled? A top photo would help more than you think; the knob choice and labeling are tells.

calfzilla, some DoVs had 3 knobs. I don't think this is a DoV though, as the DoV is pretty gnarly.

Mele

Duh, the top photo got nuked in my original post somehow - sorry... Does this work?

Mele

Hmmm... I will have to recheck but it doesn't make a fuzz sound at all. Sounds like a plexi or Vox type of presence box even when dimed.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Last Nerve

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Gold Supporting Member
Hmmm... I will have to recheck but it doesn't make a fuzz sound at all. Sounds like a plexi or Vox type of presence box even when dimed.

Thanks, appreciate the help.

Hmmmm.
Okay. Gotcha.
Now I'm second guessing as I see the 9vdc on the side and I'm not certain if that was offered on the Karl fuzz.

calfzilla

Cynical Hack
Knobs are different than mine, but I think that might be a Lo (or Lo Driver). Found some pics here and the innards look like they might match:

https://reverb.com/ca/item/3378186-lovepedal-lo-driver-handwired

If it sounds like a COT but with not much gain, and COT-like boost to the high end, then the Lo would be my guess.
Yeah I would say Lo Driver for sure. Does it kind of push lower frequencies? I would love to play one! They sound interesting in concept.

Mele

Yeah, possibly that - sort of a "more" pedal like an RC Booster but adds some presence. Played through a Fendery amp, it makes it Marshally.

Trending Topics