1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone identify these Celestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JamminJoe, Mar 28, 2015.

1. JamminJoe

JamminJoe Member

Found a good deal on a Marshall cab, but when I asked for pics with the back taken off, it wasn't so clear that the speakers were Celestions. Can anyone identify these speakers from the pic?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

It says it right on the magnet; they're G12H's. Ask for the codes on the cones, they could be 75hz or 55hz.

3. JamminJoe

JamminJoe Member

Thanks. Wasn't sure if someone just wrote that on the magnets. So these should be 12H30's? I have the anniversary 12H30's. I'll do some research on the originals.

4. notthedocter27

notthedocter27 Member

Don't trust the marker writing on the speakers...two of them say c6??? I would highly doubt the marker is from the factory....and the posts don't look at all like what i have ever seen on a Celestion...I would get some better pics of the speakers...good luck

5. ekkybedmond

ekkybedmond Member

Yep: frame-codes and cone-codes, that's what we at TGP need