Can anyone identify this 5e3 amp?

Kriso77

Silver Supporting Member
This was offered to me in a trade, but the guy has no idea what he has here. Can anyone identify who made it? Based on the circuit and parts, it sounds appealing.

Last edited:

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
You need to host the pics somewhere can't just paste from mail

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, it looks trapeziod from the front and square from the back! Must be the pics.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member

Kendrick maybe?
My first thought. I haven't seen this exact amp but the shape totally looks like Kendrick and the chassis does too.

Kendrick has been doing amp building classes for a long time so this could be a student that wanted that Texas Crude look or it could be a Kendrick prototype. Or maybe something else all together.

Cool looking amp. :)

sbeau

Looks like a Kendrick cabinet to me, that is the box that they used for a few amp models at one point that I have seen. Might have been an employee or parts amp via Kendrick. Never seen that housing anywhere else. I read Gerald Weber has done the "how to build a tube amp" classes on and off forever. What's actually inside is anyone's guess. Usually Kendrick amps from back in the day were all signed in one way or another inside the chassis, or outside by the transformers with a date. This should help. Some Kendricks are great amps, others I have played were not so impressive. Almost all are basic fender circuits. Good luck.

Kriso77

Silver Supporting Member
This is helpful. Guy said there is an illegible signature on the inside, which now makes sense. We may never know what it really is, but all signs lead to a one off that is somehow associated with Kendrick.

Looks like a Kendrick cabinet to me, that is the box that they used for a few amp models at one point that I have seen. Might have been an employee or parts amp via Kendrick. Never seen that housing anywhere else. I read Gerald Weber has done the "how to build a tube amp" classes on and off forever. What's actually inside is anyone's guess. Usually Kendrick amps from back in the day were all signed in one way or another inside the chassis, or outside by the transformers with a date. This should help. Some Kendricks are great amps, others I have played were not so impressive. Almost all are basic fender circuits. Good luck.

SoulPower

Thats a sexy looking thang.
5e3 circuit is my fav. Fender circuit.
Jensen speaker and mallory parts? I'm envious.
How much is he askin?

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
was also offered this in a trade - i can confirm it's not a Kendrick cabinet/amp (just spoke to them and they denied it)

Trending Topics