Can anyone recommend a good 6 guitar stand that won't reck my babies?

skunizzi

I don't like to keep my guitars on stands and I think the safest place for them is in a case but that is not always practical when you need to keep swapping guitars. I'm thinking of buying a guitar stand but most of the ones that I have seen look cheap and not very solid.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? I might even consider building one of my own...

cap10kirk

Hercules is my go-to brand for stands. When I'm not playing my guitars, they stay on Hercules stands.

Dr. Tinnitus

A guy I played with was so unsatisfied with stands that he built his own. It holds 6 guitars, folds up into it's own case and rolls away on wheels...

CowTipton

I bought the Proline 7-guitar stand at GC (~$100) about a year ago and have never had any problems with it.
Just be careful when putting 'em on and taking 'em off and you should be fine.

I tend to rotate mine quite often so any finish sticking or such hasn't been an issue.

PBGas

Silver Supporting Member
I am picking up this tonight....as I have to play live and want something that I can fold up and carry like a case. Saw a friend of mine who tours regularly and he suggested this. He runs some nice vintage Gibsons and Fenders on his without issues.

099-1006-506-large.jpg

aussie_owner

Gold Supporting Member
Doesn't look like it would protect one guitar from accidentally scratching the other. Can you somehow lock the neck when it is in the support?

Well, you do have to pay attention when taking guitars out or replacing them. The foam donuts along the bottom can be positioned to prevent slippage. I have eight in mine, including an acoustic and a hollow body. Six electric guitars wouldn't be too crowded.

sws1

I am picking up this tonight....as I have to play live and want something that I can fold up and carry like a case. Saw a friend of mine who tours regularly and he suggested this. He runs some nice vintage Gibsons and Fenders on his without issues.

099-1006-506-large.jpg

I have this very one. And use it for vintage stuff as well.
I am very deliberate to make sure a) the strap is locked when putting a guitar in the case, and b) the guitar is angled so that it leans to the back. I also put some velcro on the movable cushions so they stay in place, which sorta works (not perfect, but it works, and guitars don't bang around.)

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
I have the same one. Fender case and holds 7 guitars. Very solid. Also the only piece of guitar gear I've solidly held onto for over 10 years ;)
Same here - the nice thing about the Fender case, besides it's easy to transport, is the little leather straps that snap in place across the opening at the neck so they dont fall out - I have the 7 and 4 guitar versions. I must admit that the 4 space one has gotten the most work.

ieso

I have a couple of the Hercules racks (9 in one and 5 in another) plus Ultimate makes a very good and very affordable stand that 'locks' your guitar in. I've had no problems with any of them.

rickc007

Gold Supporting Member
I have several of these in my music room.
Straps hold them in place, but not needed. The lean angle would keep them there.
The have a little storage compartment in the bottom, can't really see in the pics.
And you can put stuff on top of them.
holding up great

099-1006-506-large.jpg

Hercules (7 on it; I added two yokes) and Ultimate (5) for my rehearsal studio. I have a Warwick "briefcase" style 5 guitar stand for gigs.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom