1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can anyone tell me where V1 is on my Vibro King?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by NOVA70, Aug 27, 2006.

1. NOVA70

NOVA70 Supporting Member

Hi All,
    Just got a Vibro-King and I would like to replace some of the pre-amp tubes with NOS. It now has Sovteks. Which position is V1 or which position would have the most tone effect?
    Thanks,
    Pat

2. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

V1 would be the first preamp tube towards the outside of the cabinet.

3. clint

clint Member

Best place to check is always the manual. It might be online from Fender if you don't have it. Tonezone is correct AFAIK it's the furthest preamp tube on the right if you are facing the grill.

4. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

5. NOVA70

NOVA70 Supporting Member

Hi,
    So looking at the back of the amp it would be the the tube next to the power tubes? Also would this have the most effect on tone?
    Thanks,
    Pat

6. NOVA70

NOVA70 Supporting Member

Keith,
    I had check out that site by KCA before, The Vibro-King is a single channel amp so I thought the V1 might be different. Also there is a Reverb Circuit where the furthest tube from the power tube is a 12ax7 but I thought this tube has to do with the Reverb. Any input on that?
    Pat

7. zzzezums

zzzezums Silver Supporting Member

My understanding is that V4 on the VK is V1 on other Fenders. V4 is the one you want to try new tubes in first. Then v1 and v2.