Can Axe-Fx II take, and give, the beating from a tube head?

trazan

Just wondering if it can take the juice coming from a dimed tube preamp (loop out) and then send as high an output further down to push that power amp just as much as the tube preamp can?

Thinking of getting one for 4-cable use, but too many times I've tried equipment that can't take and send the high outputs needed...

djd100

It can take a hot line level, but if you over cook it distorts and sounds like crap, so proper gain staging is a must!

I use it 4CM with my tube gear. works great.

Just wondering if it can take the juice coming from a dimed tube preamp (loop out) and then send as high an output further down to push that power amp just as much as the tube preamp can?

Thinking of getting one for 4-cable use, but too many times I've tried equipment that can't take and send the high outputs needed...

trazan

It can take a hot line level, but if you over cook it distorts and sounds like crap, so proper gain staging is a must!

I use it 4CM with my tube gear. works great.

There's no other staging than less/more on my amps though :hiP When pushing the preamp tubes they necessarily send a hot signal, and the power tubes need to receive a hot signal to saturate. No way around that other than installing an attenuator before, and another preamp after the fx....which I'd obviously like to avoid!

So if you dime your tube preamps the Axe craps out?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom