• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Can I get this sound from my Timeline and/or Space? My Bloody Valentine content

ChaseTMP

I was initially trying to use the Space's reverse, but it didn't sound quite right. I know Kevin used an Yamaha SPX-90 with an early reflections program for a lot of the Loveless sounds, live. I play original songs & like to dial-in my own sounds, but thought it'd be fun to mess around with a MBV cover or two during practice. I played around with my two units for at least 45 minutes and couldn't get close to the sound.

seiko

Just use reverse reverb with a very short trail/decay time. The "stutter" on his sound is only there because he's using delay as opposed to a reverse reverb (which is what Shields uses)
He's not using reverse delay though. He's using the 1-second multi-tap mode on the Hazari. In mono, so it doesn't make that ping-pong sound but more of a slice effect. For extra grunt, run the mono output into the stereo input, it sums the dual processors for a bigger sound. Actually does sound v. close to the live MBV versions.

ChaseTMP

He's not using reverse delay though. He's using the 1-second multi-tap mode on the Hazari. In mono, so it doesn't make that ping-pong sound but more of a slice effect. For extra grunt, run the mono output into the stereo input, it sums the dual processors for a bigger sound. Actually does sound v. close to the live MBV versions.
Would I use the Timeline's dual-delay to mimic the EHMM w/H's effect?

seiko

Would I use the Timeline's dual-delay to mimic the EHMM w/H's effect?
Possibly. I don't have a Timeline but it MUST have some kind of multi-tap/Ping-pong mode that would get you close to this. Note that he has a bit of treble knocked off on the delay with the Haz's filter.

Edit: Could the trem delay be set really fast? That would get very close.

Last edited:
I've been on the same search as you and i don't think there is anything on the Timeline that will get you there.I had the Hazarai years ago and i had this sound dialled in too.It's the best sound out there for Kevin Shields stuff imo.
I was able to get something similar on the Space but i don't have the pedal anymore.All that I can recall is that it's not on the reverse reverb algorithm.

Just use reverse reverb with a very short trail/decay time. The "stutter" on his sound is only there because he's using delay as opposed to a reverse reverb (which is what Shields uses)
That stuttering delay sound is on the drum loop at the very beginning of Soon.I've often wondered if he actually used a reverse reverb,maybe there some piece of gear around at the time that could dial in that sound on the Hazarai.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom