Can I run two cabs at once with the Fuchs ODS 50?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by m@2, Oct 12, 2008.

1. m@2

m@2 Member

Is it ok to run two cabs at once on the ODS 50? it has 8ohm and 4ohm speaker outs, so can I run one 8ohm cab and one 4 ohm cab at the same time? the owner's manual did not make reference to running two cabs at once, and I just want to make sure that is safe. I'm assuming it's similar to my bassman, like a speaker and external speaker out?

2. klaetos

klaetos Member

I called Fuchs tech support just the other day about adding another 1X12 to my combo. They said that the easy way is just to use a Y splitter to run to each and make sure the ohms are correct. 2 8ohm cabs to the 4 etc.
    I don't think you can plug into both. Call tech support. They were easy to get a hold of and answered my questions quickly.

3. m@2

m@2 Member

gotcha... ok so I could run 2 cabs off one output. that might work too.... hoping i can run off both outputs though. I'll call Monday and see if I can get ahold of them. Thanks

4. PierreL

PierreL Supporting Member

Definitely two cabs from one output (with a Y splitter), that's what I do with mine.

5. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Power Y Cable

http://www.greatcables.us/ scroll down to the Power Y I Adapter

Works great I ran two Fuchs mini cabs off of my ODS head ---

6. m@2

m@2 Member

you guys were right, I called Fuchs just top be safe, and indeed, I'd have to run the Y cable from one of the outputs.. thanks : )