1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can I run two cabs at once with the Fuchs ODS 50?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by m@2, Oct 12, 2008.

1. m@2

m@2 Member

Is it ok to run two cabs at once on the ODS 50? it has 8ohm and 4ohm speaker outs, so can I run one 8ohm cab and one 4 ohm cab at the same time? the owner's manual did not make reference to running two cabs at once, and I just want to make sure that is safe. I'm assuming it's similar to my bassman, like a speaker and external speaker out?

2. klaetos

klaetos Member

I called Fuchs tech support just the other day about adding another 1X12 to my combo. They said that the easy way is just to use a Y splitter to run to each and make sure the ohms are correct. 2 8ohm cabs to the 4 etc.
    I don't think you can plug into both. Call tech support. They were easy to get a hold of and answered my questions quickly.

3. m@2

m@2 Member

gotcha... ok so I could run 2 cabs off one output. that might work too.... hoping i can run off both outputs though. I'll call Monday and see if I can get ahold of them. Thanks

4. PierreL

PierreL Supporting Member

Definitely two cabs from one output (with a Y splitter), that's what I do with mine.

5. LVC

LVC Senior Member

Power Y Cable

http://www.greatcables.us/ scroll down to the Power Y I Adapter

Works great I ran two Fuchs mini cabs off of my ODS head ---

6. m@2

m@2 Member

you guys were right, I called Fuchs just top be safe, and indeed, I'd have to run the Y cable from one of the outputs.. thanks : )