Can I use the Pitchblack to power the Ditto Looper?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Diogrus, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Diogrus

Diogrus Member

Mates,

I'm running out of power cables for my board, but as am still thinking in the future purchases to feed the GAS, I'm not buy another psu before this is decided!

I just bought a Ditto looper (the small one) and, as I'll using it mainly to study at home some phrases and licks and my improvising, I think I won't need my volume booster for this.

The unique power cable that I can use to power the Ditto is exactly the one powering the volume booster, that comes from the auxiliary power exit from the Pitchblack. So, I want to know if is it possible to power the Ditto with this auxiliary power provided by the Pitchblack, as it is said that this auxiliary can feeds the charge (pedal) with a maximum of 100mA, which is exactly the power required to power the Ditto, according its manual!

Thanks in advance!
    :aok

2. fyler

fyler Member

3. NewDr.P

NewDr.P Member

im using my pitchblack to power my mad professor od. thats a very cool function for tuners to have. like you, id run out of isolated outputs on my fueltank jr and i refuse to use batteries, lol.

4. Diogrus

Diogrus Member

That's perfect, mates! Thanks fyler... was starting to get worried thinking if I would have to try to relocate some other power output from the SupaCharger...

And, NewDr.P, yeah! Using isolated outputs changes the way we see the daisy chains... not always, but the possibility to have problems are huge comparing with using isolated supplies! And this features of the tuners is superb!

5. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

I'm glad to learn this myself.

6. Diogrus

Diogrus Member

:aok

7. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

Does Korg claim the 9v out is isolated? Generally the 9v out on tuners is no different than daisy chaining.

8. Diogrus

Diogrus Member

Hum... I confess that I can't answer your question. However, at least for my purpose, I think we can count it as an isolate power node, since the Pitchblack is the only pedal that is directly fed by the output of the supply (the looper or the booster is fed by the auxiliary output of the Pitchblack). Maybe, we could call it as "pseudo-isolate".