Can someone ID this 6N14N (EL84)?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by SoCalSteve, Feb 9, 2008.

1. SoCalSteve

SoCalSteve Member

These were in my Budda and I'm curious about them. The pics are blurred and that's as close as it will focus but maybe someone can ID it from the symbol above the lettering. Under the symbol/logo it says 6N14N
    93 07
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. phsyconoodler

phsyconoodler Member

3. Steve Dallas

Steve Dallas Supporting Member

Not a true EL84, but an EL84 type from Russia. I have a small stash of them with the same symbol as yours. But I can't tell you which factory made them, because I don't read Russian ;)

They are also known as 6P14P. If they have EB, EH, or ER after the name, they are military grade.

The seem to have a little bit lower output than an EL84 and have a softer tone if that makes any sense. They seem to be very rugged and last a long time--even under voltages that will kill real EL84s.

I really like them and use them in several of my personal amps.

4. SoCalSteve

SoCalSteve Member

Thanks. I guess like yourself I'm mainly curious about the factory that made them.

5. rooster

rooster Member

Reflektor, I believe.

rooster.

6. blues

blues Supporting Member

The tubes that have ev or eb after 6n14n are good tubes. You can get them for less than $10 if you get them sent from overseas. Check e-bay,you can find them there. They hold there own with more expensive nos tubes for a lot less money.

7. Lonely Raven

Lonely Raven Member

Note on your photo. If you switch the camera to Macro mode (usually an icon of a flower), it will tell the camera you intend to focus on something CLOSE. For those shots, your Nikon CoolPix was set to Normal mode and was trying to focus on objects it assumed were several feet away.