Can someone just please help me tab this?

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by Chrome, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Chrome

Chrome Member

2. steve13281

steve13281 Member

I'm sorry for pointing out the obvious but why not use the tab for the original GNR version? I had the Use Your Illusion II tab book 20 years ago. While the dude in that video is good I don't think he's better than Slash.

One more thing, do you have one of the pitch/speed shifting apps? I use the Anytune app on my iPhone and it is great. You can loop parts and slow down sections while maintaining the correct pitch. I'm sure someone has told you this already but learning by ear is much better for developing your playing than learning by tab. Good luck dude!

3. 65DuoSonic

65DuoSonic Member

I hate to say it, but I don't think anybody is going to sit down and tab this out for you :nono.

However, here's a link to the complete Cherry Lane "Authorized Guitar" Use Your Illusion II tab book on scribd.com, available to browse through or download :dude. Locomotive is on page 80, I believe.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/22469808/Guns-and-Roses-Use-Your-Illusion-II#scribd

Also, if you are not aware, You Tube videos can be played at half-speed with the sound and correct pitch intact. I'm not 100% sure but that feature may only be available when using the Chrome browser though. Very helpful when trying to learn a lick or two off of a video. Good luck!