Can someone please post Cornish P2 and G2 clips??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JeffreyC, Mar 8, 2006.

1. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Hi, I'm really interested in these 2 pedals and I'm not finding clips of them anywhere. I'd like to hear these pedals in action without any other effects - just interacting with a good tube amp. Thx!

2. daddyo

daddyo Guest

There was a member who some clips of his Bruno amps and he had some Cornish pedals in there too. I can't remember which pedals. It is a little unfair as he was starting with a Bruno amp but my ears told me that the Cornish pedal into a bruno amp produced some of the best lead tones I've ever heard. search for Bruno.

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

Found them. Do a search for member Lou V and in his profile are some clips. The first clip (How I Miss You So) is of a 58 LP RI into a G2 into a Bruno CT 45. There is also a clip of a SS-2 and a Bruno (No Regrets). However, after listening to his clip of a strat into a a Bruno CT 45 (Sinking Ships) I can't imagine needing a pedal from anyone.

4. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

Anyone else - P2 clips??:(

5. nek

nek Member

6. michael_smurphy

michael_smurphy Member

Just type Cornish in the Search button above and the links will come up.. but if you need to hear clips dont buy it.. as clips are so very misleading IMHO...

7. lv

lv Supporting Member

1 or 2 G2 clips in my signature. Great box.

8. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

I have to agree. That's what the emporium is for. Buy it and if you don't like it, sell it. It's just like renting it for awhile and it's the only way you'll really know.

My Cornish pedals will never be for sale, by the way.

9. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

i totally disagree!
    i think samples are good to give you a direction. you can't buy every pedal you are interested and sell it.. it would take eternal to find your choice of pedals. especially if you are looking for pedals you can't try out at your stores...

so a clip can show you a little. of course if you really going to like it you NEED to play it!! and that should always be on your mind, that clips are never 100% true.
    but it gives an idea!

10. Play by Tone

Play by Tone Member

None of the Cornish clips I've heard were greatly representative of them. I think part of this is that they tend to have varied results based on the amp used...I would say that small G-2 clip posted above was probably the best example of the G-2 compressing into the singing sustain it was kinda intended for...

11. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

yes this clip was awesome!

12. JeffreyC

JeffreyC Member

+1 - I agree with this - we need more clips of these pedals. Especially at $600 a pop! No it's not going to convince me 100% one way or another, but they can if recorded properly give a good general idea of the tones the pedal is capable of producing.

13. pfrischmann

pfrischmann Member

I played a g-2 and I thought is was the violin tone EJ wish he had. I haven't heard that out of a clip yet.

14. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Ah- a reason to enable sigs from time to time!
    I have them disabled (usually useless junk) and I'm probably missing out on some nuggets like this...

-Ben