Can someone school my on the Timmy controls?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KissTone, Jan 30, 2006.

1. KissTone

KissTone Supporting Member

I just picked up a Timmy through the Emporium to see what the fuss is about . . . but I don't have any explanation of the controls and internal DIP switches.

Can someone enlighten me or direct me to a source of more info? (I tried a TGP search and got so many hits on 'Timmy' that I gave up and decided to just post.) Thanks.

Whoops! I guess my thread topic should read: "Can someone school ME on the Timmy controls?"

2. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

I emailed you the manual.

3. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Just remember that if you turn up the gain, you should turn up the Bass and treble to about where you set your gain. So if I turn the gain to 12:00, I'll usually have the bass and treble at 1:00. You see what the bass and treble do is cut bass and treble when you turn them clockwise, and when you turn the gain up on the Tim, or Timmy the B, and T, automatically go up with the gain, so you have to cut some of those frequecies by turning the knobs clockwise. The Dip switches are usually set with both in the down position which is no compression, both dip switches up is compressed tone, and one up and one down is asymetrical clipping which is somewhere in between. Hope that helps and enjoy because it's the best overdrive out there. IMO

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net
    http://www.myspace.com/wetanimal
    http://www.phensic.com

4. David-R

David-R Supporting Member

That's the manual in a nutshell. Great pedal.

5. KissTone

I got it---Thanks, David!!!

6. KissTone

And thanks for the tips, 58LPMan. :)

7. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

8. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

I have a Timmy (which I love) but I don't know anything about these dipswitches. Where are they located in the pedal? Are they just litte switches?

9. JPB

JPB Member

Both switches (small & White) are here in the non-compressed/stock position (which is what most players prefer, including me)
    [​IMG]

10. gregory70

gregory70 Supporting Member

Thanks! That is extremely helpful!

11. kaseri

kaseri Member

I sent you the complete manual in pdf format

12. rewog

rewog Member

So I'm guessing the dip switches switch in clipping diodes ??
    Is it no diodes = un-compressed.
    2 diodes = compressed.
    1 diode = asymetrical clipping....

13. drolling

drolling Member

yes, that's it exactly

14. erksin

erksin Member

And Paul suggests trying both settings of the two switches in asymetrical mode to compliment whatever OD you might be stacking in front of the Timmy - supposedly there is a difference...

15. Tone

Tone Member

Which dip switch (1 or 2) controls clipping of the top half of the wave, and which clips the bottom, when set for assymetrical clipping?

16. asdf

asdf Member

If I remember correctly you can't tell by just looking. The quickest way (that I know of) is to just put it next to a pedal that also has asym. clipping and to expirement. When you have one clipping the bottom and one clipping the top it should be a cool combo ;)

17. PaulC

PaulC Member

by itself you wont really be able to hear much of a difference which side you clip hard. when using it stacked with another pedal that asym clips it will make more of a difference. you'd want to have one pedal hard clip the top, and the other hard clip the bottom. That's kind of what would happen in a preamp. You really don't know what side is being clipped hard in pedals unless you can see the wave on a scope. You have to go by your ears. Just turn them both on, and try a few positions, and you might find that it works a little pedal with 1 up or 2 up...

PaulC

18. gururyan

gururyan Member

I forgot all about the dip switches in there. I just popped mine open and tried flipping them around and really enjoyed the compressed setting. I liked it enough seriously desire a toggle that would allow me to go between the "two up" and the "two down" dip settings.

19. kennyl

kennyl Member

Can someone send me the manual for the Timmy?

Thanks.

20. Blewzman

Blewzman Member

Would you email the manual as well? we have of these at church and no manual. Thank YOU!