Can someone tell me about 2016 Charvels?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Ricardo P, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Ricardo P

Ricardo P Member

I have 2 hardrock guitars but dont fully like any. Planning to sell both and buy a nice one and the 2016 line Charvels has some features that called my attention, like alder body and others.

But I couldn't get one to play yet nor saw one in person so I have couple questions for you guy that bought one or could spent some time playing it:

How thin is the neck? I have a 1994 Jackson and the neck is a bit too thin, although not as bad as a Wizard. How Charvel's neck compare to Wizards? Also, how it compares to a 2012 AmStand Strat as an example?

Also, how easy is the switch access? They moved the volume knob a bit and seems too close now and I suspect it can be on the way when trying to switch to the neck PU

Any help will be very welcome, thanks

2. Ricardo P

Ricardo P Member

No one? Men, I though those San Dimas were very popular here. Still lot's things to discover about TGP :)

Thanks anyway

3. RayBarbeeMusic

RayBarbeeMusic Member

I don't own one but I've played them. Not as thin as an old Jackson or Ibanez, not huge, but not small either. Hope that helps.

4. Ricardo P

Ricardo P Member

Of course it helps, thanks. Is it comparable to standard Fender neck's someway?

How do you like the guitar?

5. RayBarbeeMusic

RayBarbeeMusic Member

My impression was it has less shoulder than Fender's strat necks, which is fine with me. I hate the way they bulge out just below the fret board. They are probably similar front to back in terms of thickness.

Guitar was fine; the only ones I've seen close up are maple boards though and maple boards aren't my thing.

Ricardo P likes this.
  6. Kato10

Kato10 Member

Mine is a bit older than that, can't remember what year. It was the last year they made the San Dimas in the US before moving to Japan for those models. Mine has a pretty thin neck, nothing like any Fender I've ever player. Very comfortable and fast neck. Wish I could help more. I did have a Japanese So Cal and the neck felt exactly the same.

Ricardo P likes this.