Can TC Nova do Tape/Delay/Modulation?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jzucker, Apr 2, 2008.

1. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

2. dk_ace

dk_ace Member

I'm not totally sure what the question is, but I'll try.

Tape delay: It has a color knob that will darken the repeats like a tape delay. You can also add mod to the repeats. I can get pretty close to a tape sound with it. The thing that I don't hear as much as I'd like is the wow and flutter effect. It may be that I just haven't dialed it in properly. I thought that sound was done most convincingly by the DL4, but I haven't looked for it very hard in the Nova.

It definately has the modulated repeats down cold though. I haven't heard better modulated delay sounds out of any unit I've played yet.

D

3. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Yes it does a fantastic tape delay. I actually just got my first EP3 today which is for sale(can't afford to keep it ) and I had a nova a while back which is sold and compared to what it did , it did tape delay extremely well. They just don't pass the signal as well as an EP3 or an analog delay. Now the EP3 is noisy as hell which the Nova Wasn't, but I'll take the Noise anyday :D

I'm using a Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay right now. WIcked Delay pedal!!!

4. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

How about some clips? Does the mad prof sound like a tape unit?

5. gregory49

gregory49 Member

I'm not set up to record clips but I did poor sound quality demo a while back. Check it on my space. And I think the MP does sound like a tape unit while being preatty silent! Plus its small. No it doesn't have tap tempo or presets or reverse or any of the thousands of features that the nova has but it passes the signal so much better. So If your willing to sacrifice your true tone and want alot of features go for the nova. If you need tap tempo go with a TRex Replica if you don't need any of that go with the MP. Josh Smith uses one and his tone is preatty good :D