Can the Eventide H9 Core do this?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by axman53, Mar 2, 2015.

1. axman53

axman53 Member

I'm looking at the H9 Core for the harmonizer feature but I haven't found a demo that goes into detail on it much. Can it be programmed to do the harmony lead on, say, Take It On the Run by REO Speedwagon? Is it difficult to set something like that up? How far have you been able to take the harmonizer feature? What is it not able to do? Any info, links to examples and your own experience would be great. Thanks.

2. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

Not out of the box, but you can buy the algorithms that are in the Pitch Factor. The one you want is Diatonic. It can add 2 intelligent harmonies at any interval, up or down 2 octaves.

It's not hard to set up. You set the Key Signature of the part you are playing, set the intervals, mix them together and go. If there is something in the part that needs to have a change of interval or key, and you have an expression pedal, you can set it so that the heel and toe switch the parameters (a little more difficult to set up, but better for performance if you have to change something rather than making two patch, because that is one of the pitfalls ... there is lag switching between the presets. Switching parameters though with an expression control is very smooth.). The algorithm is monophonic, so you have to stick with single note phrasing, but it works great for that. It's fine for the solo you want to play.

3. scottkahn

scottkahn Member

4. axman53

axman53 Member

Thanks, all. Somehow I assumed since it's called a harmonizer, that it would do single note harmony out of the box. Thanks for straightening that out.

5. RockDebris

RockDebris Member

The Core does very little out of the box, but its 1 algorithm IS a harmonizer (H910/H949). However, that algorithm is not an intelligent harmonizer, which is what is needed to play that solo. You do get a coupon for a free algorithm though and you can use it on Diatonic, so I suppose technically it can do it out of the box if you choose that one to be your free algorithm.

6. axman53

axman53 Member

I've been browsing the available algorithms for the H9 and it's unclear how they are grouped for purchase. For example, if I buy the phaser algorithm from the Modfactor, do I get all 5 phaser types for $20, or do I have to buy each phaser TYPE separately for $20 each?*

7. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Pay $20 for the Phaser algorithm, you'll get 5 different types of phaser.

8. axman53

axman53 Member

Ok, thanks. I can work with that. I'll probably keep my timefactor and replace my modfactor with the H9. I only use a few of the Modfactor algorithms and I'll just have to buy them for the H9.