1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Can the instant lo-fi junkie do this?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by redbeardrob, Feb 21, 2012.

1. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

i'm really looking for the "phonograph simulator" type effect...

2. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

So you mainly want a filter and hiss/pop?

Gotta say Strymon Timeline Lo-Fi machine for that...

3. cheameup

cheameup Member

I love that phonograph thing too . its just tooo expensive for some thing you can only reallu use once in a set

4. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

the strymon is too pricey, same with the melusine. the zvex is doable though.

5. aporcelainsky

aporcelainsky Member

that demo just made me want an openhaus. I don't own an instant, but I do own a lofi loop junky and I can only assume the instant will get you what you're looking for. the hexe didn't really do anything special for me :dunno

6. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

bump...looking for input from actual instant lo-fi junkie users....

7. Bazaboy33

Bazaboy33 Supporting Member

The Instant LoFi Junky is more of a chorus/vibrato & a compressor with a blend pot to go between the two and a tone pot to add/cut high end. If you are looking to simulate a phonograph, it will not get you there. If you are looking to add a bit of tape warble/wow/flutter, it can get close to that...

8. HowardMusic

HowardMusic Member

Yeah, the instant lo fi junky will not get you those phonograph sounds. Tape-like warble and vibrato as Bazaboy mentions above. But i'm liking it for the vibrato and chorus sounds and that pseudo delay like hiccup with the square wave - it produces great melancholy tones. There is a really good justnick demo on youtube of the ilfj that you might want to check out.

9. p.j.

p.j. Member

The original lo-fi looper does the warped record thing. I liked mine but found it kind of limited overall. Not being able to overdub is a deal killer for many.

PJ

10. redbeardrob

redbeardrob Member

11. Don't Post

Don't Post Member

get an Ibanez Sound Tank Cyber Drive (worst pedal ever BTW) and maybe a phaser or vibe and you got that windy/scratchy swoosh sound.

12. justnick

justnick Gold Supporting Member

Does the warble and flutter, and the extreme compression, but no hiss and pop.

I love it though...

13. New_Guy

New_Guy Member

I was refferi g to the original loop junky -.-

14. digiTED

digiTED rock > talk

I'm a new owner of an Instant and IMO it's does a great warped record thanks not only to true pitch vibrato and 100% wet capability, but also due to the choice of waveforms.

You'll have to find another source for irregular pops, but with a noisy single coil guitar and the tone maxed you 'may' be able simulate a touch of hiss.

The Instant is very quiet though with my old school Tele and dirty power from my 80 year old apartment building.