Can this be done? Switcher content

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jtodds, Jan 23, 2008.

1. jtodds

jtodds Supporting Member

Hi,
    If I wanted to run 2 amps, one a switcher that will handle clean and lead with echo in the loop; the other amp will run dirty and dry and in combination with the dirty side of the switcher to blend tones (maybe run by itself as well).
    The switcher on clean will often run chorus and compression.
    The lead channel on this amp will have an tubedriver that gets kicked in on occasion.

Is there a neutral sounding aby pedal that does this? Change channels in one amp and also be able to bring in another amp to run at the same time.
    Lavaflow, Lehle etc?

If not what is the best way to achieve the goal?
    Thanks.

2. jtodds

jtodds Supporting Member

3. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

i think it can be. however im a bit confussed!

so you want to do .....

Guitar -> tuner -> ABY -> Pedals for clean ->Clean Amp
    -> Dirty

And you also want the clean amp to able to be channel switched by the ABY ??

i think the Lehle will do that.

AJ

4. enditol

enditol Member

The lavaflow seems like it would cover that, or one of the Lehles.

For ultimate control you want the Sound Sculpture Switchblade ($$$)

5. Burkhardl

Burkhardl Member

Hi jtodds,

I think you could use the Lehle Dual SGoS. The outputs T and B can go to the inputs of the dirty amp. Output A, which is transformer isolated, could be connected to the clean Amp. If the amp has no additional Loop for the clean effects you could use the Little Lehle in between, to have a true-bypass Loop for this effects.

All the best
    Burkhard

6. Timmylikesthing

Timmylikesthing Member

7. TimH

TimH Supporting Member

I think this depends partly on which amp you're talking about as a channel switcher...what kind of switching does it use? If it's a simple TRS twp button switch it's fine...if it's a boogie or something with 5-9 pin connections you need something like a G system or GCX.

Assuming it's a simple TRS type switching system I'd be inclined to just use the amp's switcher and get a panning volume pedal...that way you can blend in the second amp in varying amounts....so guitar - pan pedal- A out to effects and swtiching amp and B out to the dirty dry amp and blend that tone in as much as you want.

8. jtodds

jtodds Supporting Member

This is interesting and I have a panning volume pedal. However that seems like to moves to get the sound - hit the ch. switch and then blend the tone in. Ideally I would like to hit a "button" have a clean sound that may have chorus running (the clean at this point would be coming from one side of the ch. switcher and the chorus is running in front of the amp)
    hit another "button" and have a lead tone that blended in the dirt from my Naylor head. As well I would like the ability to kick this second head in or not. I guess this is a bit like Joe Bonamassa's thing.
    As pure a solution as well.

9. jtodds

jtodds Supporting Member

Thank you Burkhard.
    To be clear the clean channel at this point is coming from ch a of the switcher and ideally I would like to run chorus there or not (running in front of the amp)
    Then I would like to switch to an od tone via the second channel of this amp as well as kicking in a Naylor head to blend or not have the second amp, or just run the second head without the first (not as critical)- so three to four different tones.
    Are you saying that if I integrate a little Lehle in with the Dual I could isolate specific effects towards one of the chains? Cleanly? That would be what I am after.
    I suppose this is a bit (or a lot) like what Joe Bonamassa or Eric Johnson is doing except I am using a ch switcher instead of a third or fourth separate amp.
    Thanks for your assistance in this,
    Jason

10. jtodds

jtodds Supporting Member

Thanks for the link!